S18 or rs19?

I've been riding an 18l for about 3 years and have been very happy with it. The things i enjoy most about it are how easy it is to trolly around stores and listen to music while riding. Im looking for something a little more versatile now because i have a lot fields near me and the offroading is very bumpy and exhausting on my knees and legs. The range on my 18l has been more than enough and I've only ever ridden it down to 20% battery. The speed is good enough for me because i dont like riding with pads. I'd like some shocks and a little more torque to deal with the annoying wind. I also dont want to spend $3k for a wheel that i might want to replace in 3 years. What should i do?

Wait for a wheel with suspension AND torque. You could get an s18, but its going to feel nearly identical to the 18L in terms of torque vs user input. No matter what you get, you can kiss that epic trolley and ergonomics goodbye :)  I'm also wanting a wheel with the qualities you describe. If its any indication, I JUST purchased an 18XL as I'm waiting for a REAL off-road wheel to appear soon.

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1

You might want to look at the EX.  It's kind of a polarizing wheel from a polarizing company, but it seems to fit your needs (apart from a good trolley handle).  I have not ridden one myself but it looks like a high performance torque-focused setup.  Kind of like an RS-HT with suspension.  It's also very expensive, very heavy, and may have quality control issues.  Maybe wait and see what the latest batch looks like, supposedly there are some further improvements in the wheels being shipped now.

I fully expect some new suspension wheels to be announced this year, but who knows when any of them will actually ship, and it's a big risk getting in on the first batch of anything.  Personally, I think Veteran is probably working on something along these lines.

• Like 3

The v11 could also work well for your situation depending on where you're mostly riding you can adjust the negative and positive air suspension chambers for more or less resistances at certain heights on the wheel. It will deliver a bit more range and power than the s18 although will not be able to go as fast as an RS. Though the V11 could be a slight boost to speed and give you the suspension you need. The tire sizes for the S18, V11 and RS are 18" 3" I believe as well so your grip will be better than what you have currently no matter what you choose. It would be more comfortable to travel faster in a knee bent stance while going at a higher speed on a non suspension wheel whatever the choice may be. 

• Like 2