Asheville, NC->Hot Springs, NC->Greeneville, TN

Its about time I venture out a little bit. Im not a very good rider, but I am a rider. Anyone in the gorgeous area just North of Asheville, NC? I'm not really interested in riding around in a crowded and dirty city, but theres LOTS of back road places to adventure and brave around these mountains. I've a few videos of my neck of the woods(link in signature). I was just wondering if there's anyone out there locally who also has some great rural places to ride in the area? I'm mostly a street rider, tho I aint bothered by some dirt and knee exercises either.

So far Im taming 12 miles and 100 curves on MY little stretch of road. I hope to get up to the ability and speed to ride "the rattler" soon. Its 25 miles of 290 curves. I plan to make it a round trip (50+ miles) with beers in Hot Springs, NC before the return adventure. There's likely an outlet to use in Hot Springs, NC for anyone with a smaller wheel(you better tip the bar keep/waitress). However, this aint really a safe route to be going slowly.  Better get to it soon, before the crowds from the Dragon find out about it, or the leo learns about the euc. I have a 'chase' vehicle and driver available, should we feel the need. Last time I rode the Rattler on my supermoto, it was a lot of gravel in some turns and your basic uneven highway in the mountains. I think conquering the "Rattler" deserves a t-shirt, I'm sure I can come up with something. This will absolutely be during a weekday when traffic is near nothing. HIt me up if you'd like to brave it with me, or simply find a place to film/ride/drink and be merry. Obviously if you're wound too tightly or easily offended, you may not want to contact me, I can be quite an ass. :thumbup:

Edited by ShanesPlanet

• ..... changed the title to Asheville, NC->Hot Springs, NC->Greeneville, TN

Sounds like fun Shane, I'm hesitant to ride on two lane roads myself but maybe we can find something around either here or there to check out, even if we have to go to multiple locations.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Had a freaking BLAST riding around Chattanooga, TN the other week! We'll have to do something similar again soon!

Anybody else riding out here in the western NC mountains or far east end of Tennessee? You know, the gorgeous part of the country :)

• 6 months later...
On 1/20/2022 at 3:23 PM, Greenbox said:

@RetroThruster, thanks for an awesome wheel! Day 2 and finally got it, lots of miles to log before my S20 arrives! Hope to see all of you out riding.

Watch your ass in asheville! Youll get run over, then a hippie will steal your wheel. THey won't know wtf it is, but theyll trade it off for some lentils and nose jewelry :barf:.  I just went thru Asheville on the way to Cattaloochee to snowboard. I took the rattler (209). I do think I will try and ride that this coming season. I dont think an mcm5 will manage it, but it could be fun to watch?!

Edited by ShanesPlanet