8 month review of Inmotion V10F electric unicycle

helmet

Previous experience: 3 months with KS-14D)

I am trying to remember how I even learned about EUC’s. I think I first saw one on YouTube when I was looking for a better scooter than a Glion. I am nearly 50 years old and I have honestly owned most common devices. I wanted something different and amazing. I wanted to learn a new skill. I wanted a mode of transportation that would set me apart from all of my peers. I ride to show people what is possible nowadays. Although, the idea of using my EUC as a commuter vehicle is alarming because of how difficult it is to fit in. I sometimes wonder what is more dangerous, a motorcycle or an electric unicycle. Riders of both need to drive defensively. We have to judge accurately what a motor car driver is going to do and defend ourselves appropriately if we travel among them. Sometimes automobile drivers and pedestrians and animals get really skittish around an EUC. The have a tendency to freeze up and panic when they encounter us.

Ergonomics: V10F is very good. I wished it was much lighter until I got stronger and heavier. I went from 205lbs with the KS-14D to about 230lbs with the V10F. A lot of the increased weight is actually muscle mass though I do have a lot of fat too, I am much stronger at 230 than I was at 205. I like to ride barefoot because I have so much more control over the wheel.

Fun: This thing is more fun than a roller coaster. Yet I control the path rather than the tracks.

Safety: V10F is extremely stable and I am extremely visible. As an EUC rider I plan my moves in advance what maneuvers I will make, what trajectory I will take. Navigation and fulfillment is so fun. Several times this wheel has saved me from harm even after I had lost control of the vehicle when a maneuver failed or a navigation plan changed at the last moment.

Crash endurance: I have crashed this a few times. It has a tendency to crack around the built in mud guards. Crazy glue works really good on the plastic shell when it gets cracks. Other than small and large cracks. The wheel rides like new. Better than new even, because I am a lot stronger.

Bang for the buck: seeing as how I have been riding this wheel for 8 months and don’t have 60K$ in hospital bills I consider this a great savings. Kidding. For $1500 I have had a grande experience. No complaints here about the price. I do feel that I should quit while Im ahead and free of catastrophe injury. Perhaps save the wheel for special rides on memorial day or something.

I could say a lot more about V10F. Im learning how to ride backwards and do spins in one place. It’s a super fun device. And I have gotten a lot of priceless reactions from others while riding my wheel around.

• Like 2