Converting Electric Unicycle into an Ebike

Rizella

3 hours ago, Molly Friedrich said:

I'm doing this now.

An ebike, right? As specified in title?
You dont need a different BMS (just add an ANL fuse) but a 20S controller aka 72V aka 84V

Otherwise https://www.amazon.com/3Series-Protection-Li-ion-Battery-Balance/dp/B075MH52JG in short.
So you want to use a 3S 11.1V BMS on a 84V battery pack? Interesting...

Edited by Camenbert

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/5/2021 at 8:55 AM, Camenbert said:

You dont need a different BMS (just add an ANL fuse) but a 20S controller aka 72V aka 84V

Otherwise https://www.amazon.com/3Series-Protection-Li-ion-Battery-Balance/dp/B075MH52JG in short.

Yup, I'm connecting the motor and battery to be controlled by a KT 50a 56v-90v 3000 watt controller, thru a marine blade fuze box to make sure it doesn't blow, and I'm just using a BMS to monitor the battery balance and charging.

I have it mostly wired up and am just waiting to finish welding the ebike frame before I install it and test it.

I think I did a very careful job researching everything, so the compatibilities will work?

I am actually running a question by kingsong themselves right now, which is about my last uncertainty of the battery wiring system, to make sure I attached my BMS correctly.

IIRC, (don't trust me on this, that's why I'm checking with them before I connect it) despite it being packaged as two battery halves, it is ACTUALLY a series of three batteries, and that's why there is a red line attaching the two batteries together, that is a third balancing line that I can use to monitor voltage, and that's why I'm using a 3s BMS.

Whatever I find out, I'll update here.

• Like 1

I don't understand... How would I wire in the batteries and charger port without a BMS?

Is there a guide for this somewhere?

The controller says it is 56-90v so it should work fine, yes?

You are recommending I use the BMS on the ks, and just add a fuse?

I would then only need to know what battery lines to tap, to run power to my controller. 

I've been looking for videos, pictures or advice on this from anyone who has done it previously.  I can't proceed until I know I'm doing it the right way.

I'm a welder and sculptor, with only a small amount of electrical knowledge.  I can hook things up right, but I need guidance to know which things to hook up.

Edited by Molly Friedrich
Clarification