Fargo ND/Moorhead MN area

Hangman

• 3 months later...

There's two of us that we know of in the Fargo / Moorhead area.  Myself & @bobpaul.  If there are any others here in the area that are interested, we are just getting the preliminary layout for a ride.  Time & place not yet chosen but the enthusiasm is building.  Let us know.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey guys! I've recently been looking into getting an electric vehicle as a way to have fun and to commute to work. I was originally looking into a Onewheel, but have started thinking an EUC may be a better option. 

I was hoping to talk to an experienced user about the ins and outs of EUCs before taking the plunge and maybe even try it out if possible.

Are there any meetups planned in the Fargo/Moorhead? Thanks!

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

I wouldn't call myself experienced as I've only started OW-ing since May and EUC-ing since June, but I could try and help you with what I know so far. Honestly most of my knowledge just comes from surfing the forums, so the fact that you found this site is a great start.  I haven't met up with anyone yet, just been way too busy for that to happen unfortunately. What specific questions do you have?

On 7/20/2022 at 10:28 AM, NerdLeader said:

the ins and outs of EUCs before taking the plunge and maybe even try it out if possible.

Welcome to the source of far too much information! Search around for learning stories, there are quite a few. Here's a bit of a tl;dr though:

* most everyone can ride a oneWheel with some confidence after a very short time—usually a day and you're ready to go fast enough to hurt yourself in a nosedive

* only the gifted can reach the same confidence level on an EUC in a day, the rest of us relied upon sheer stubbornness to force the beast to obey our directives

* "trying it out" just isn't possible—it's like test driving a manual unicycle only heavier (but easier too). You have to commit some time to it.

But if you love it, the learning period is short enough and so very worth it. If you hate it, there's always scooters.

FAIR WARNING: if you love it, wheel riding can get expensive. there's a thread on "how many wheels is enough" that's relevant because sadly, it becomes a real question

Edited by Tawpie