Brand new V11 defective indicator; fan failure

Estabro

Hello, my V11 arrived Saturday and I already have a red defective indicator light on the battery screen on the top. The app runs a diagnosis and everything checks out until it gets to the fan then says "fan failure" then gives info to contact for repairs. This happens every time I turn on the headlight now. I've contacted ewheels but thought in the meantime I'd share to see if anyone else has an issue like this. This came from the batch that caught fire, and definitely smells burnt like others' (not that O believe the issues are relatedness, just an interesting detail). Less then 100km of pretty reserved riding so no clue why all of a sudden the fan would stop.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/tvqCp8hsCYyjERni6

Edited by Estabro

Ewheels will do their best to sort this out for you. Their Service Center is in Tucson, so turn around time should be very short if they have the parts and the fix is simple.

My V11 had a bad module/controller the moment I received it, so don't feel too bad. Communicating with them was very pleasant.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, madbikes said:

Ewheels will do their best to sort this out for you. Their Service Center is in Tucson, so turn around time should be very short if they have the parts and the fix is simple.

My V11 had a bad module/controller the moment I received it, so don't feel too bad. Communicating with them was very pleasant.

Hey thanks for the support I'm sure your right. The location of the service center was the reason buying from Ewheels was a no brainer for me, as I live in Tucson and they've already told me if I had any issues I can just drop it off. I'll update my experience if I think it's helpful info, I don't expect to hear back from them until Monday.

Well I got a response sooner then expected, unfortunately it's a problem they've never heard of on this wheel before. I was told to take it all apart and look for loose or disconnected wires, which makes sense. That would be awesome if that's all it is. I'll do this later today hopefully, and I'll take pics.

Side note, if anyone can assist me with posting pictures on this forum, that would be very helpful. I don't know what I'm doing wrong but nothing seems to work. The insert url button turns red every time no matter what img host I use. The help page on this site says I can upload pics locally but I see no option to do that. Maybe it's because I'm a brand new member but all I see is a B, a slanted I, an underlined U, a smile face, and what looks like a chain link symbol. Thanks in advance for tolerating my ignorance!

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
On 1/24/2021 at 10:06 AM, Estabro said:

Well I got a response sooner then expected, unfortunately it's a problem they've never heard of on this wheel before. I was told to take it all apart and look for loose or disconnected wires, which makes sense. That would be awesome if that's all it is. I'll do this later today hopefully, and I'll take pics.

Side note, if anyone can assist me with posting pictures on this forum, that would be very helpful. I don't know what I'm doing wrong but nothing seems to work. The insert url button turns red every time no matter what img host I use. The help page on this site says I can upload pics locally but I see no option to do that. Maybe it's because I'm a brand new member but all I see is a B, a slanted I, an underlined U, a smile face, and what looks like a chain link symbol. Thanks in advance for tolerating my ignorance!

I just noticed that Ive been getting this same issue. I know it was a while ago but what did you ultimately discover? Where you able to figure out the issue and repair it?

On 11/20/2021 at 7:04 PM, Treadnaught said:

Tocmai am observat că am avut aceeași problemă. Știu că a fost acum ceva timp, dar ce ai descoperit până la urmă? Unde puteți găsi problema și reparați-o?

Buna ziua. Eu am acum aceiasi problema. Care este cauza?  Unde se poate repara?

-

Please post in English here. Google Translate:

Hello. I have the same problem now. What is the cause? Where can it be repaired?

Edited by meepmeepmayer

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/27/2021 at 1:57 PM, Gelu V11 said:

Buna ziua. Eu am acum aceiasi problema. Care este cauza?  Unde se poate repara?

-

Please post in English here. Google Translate:

Hello. I have the same problem now. What is the cause? Where can it be repaired?

I had to reach out to my distributor and theyre sending me a replacement fan. Its taking FOREVER!!!

• Like 2