Ninebot elite e+ PTR bought as ex display. No charger and a few other issues. Advice needed.

Hello there, good day whatever part of the world you are in.

I recently bought a Ninebot Elite E+ PTR that was an ex-display. It come with the box, manuals, 2 keyfobs and some LED circuit-board type thing. The only thing missing is the charger and this was mentioned. I opted to take the risk and bought it anyway.  After doing a bit of reading and contacting a few people, I was advised to check the battery and so I did. Using a multimeter, it shows 12.63 volts in one block and 8.31 volts on the other block. I am told that the battery is dead as they should be at least 50 volts on each block.  How true is this? I| am of the mind that if there are charge left in each block, it should simply recharge? 

I have tried getting a charger but it seems that these things are difficult to find. I have made a few contact in china but I am waiting on them to get back to me.

Seeing that the battery only use to pin to charge (the two in the middle) I am wondering if I get universal charger and use it to charge each block via making my on pin port connecting to the port on the battery compartment.

If anyone know where I can pick up a charger or decent battery back, I will appreciate. Thank you.

Sorry If post in the wrong part of the forum.                 

48 minutes ago, null said:

Those voltages are way too low for much hope.
With some equipment / knowledge you could probably resuscitate some of the cells, but they will be forever badly matched and dangerous..

The forum section is right, but there isn't much activity here.

You might be able to find replacement batteries or have someone (serious) replace the cells in the existing ones / rebuild the battery. (I havent specifically seen such services but it should exist)

Good luck.

Thank you. I think I may end up taking it back to the store and pick up the Xiaomi Pro 2 scooter instead.   The batteries for the Ninebot E+ are crazy expensive. I paid 2.4k SAR which is about 500 British pounds for the elite e+ and the batteries I have seen are between 500 - 1k. Mostly they are out of stock.   Yikes. 

10 hours ago, null said:

Yes indeed, at that price you might as well get some other device. The xiaomi scooters are nice for the price, well designed and mostly rain proof. (My wife is happy with her pro)

Thank you. I have returned it and with a view to buy a Ninebot S pro on the new year. In the mean time, I have the Xiaomi Pro 2 model and to be frank, it isn't bad and feels smooth. 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/eSV7fPdXuMcC4aHf6

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...