Frustrated with 9B1 App

JFP9

Is anyone else frustrated with the Ninebot App? (I have version 3.1.6)   I really wish the app would let me look at my stats without the Ninebot One turned on.  Is there another app other are using, or do you just deal with the limitations?  

Two things I'd really like to see. 

1) Some sort of GPS tracking to see where I have traveled, and perhaps the ability to store that - or better yet - plot it on google maps or some other mapping program.  (My Garmin does a great job for runners/cyclists).

2) The ability to look at my stats while the 9B1 is off or charging.  There is a lot of good information that is captured while the 9B1 is on (distance, temperature, etc.) but that all goes away and resets once the 9B1 is off.  

Anybody using a better (or alternative) app with their wheel?  

Cheers,

Jim (iPhone 5s)

Hi Jim, I find myself agreeing with you on those points you made. I dont use a mobile App, but instead have it on my Ipad and at times have wanted to check my details or settings only to find that I need to go get my 9B turn it on to get it done.

I guess as its all bluetoothed to the bot it requires that connection to work, but yes being able to access info without turning it on would be good.

I see also in yr post you mentioned your Garmin tracker, can i ask a few questions of it pls

1. Does it show speed as you are riding? Ive got no idea the speed Im currently doing, so itd be a good feature to see

2. Im guessing things like kilometers traveled and time etc are all moving in actual time?

thanks Jim for your help with these questions..

phil

Phil,  

When I was training (marathons, Ironman) I used a Garmin Forerunner 305, I am not sure they make this model anymore, but I suspect they make something similar to it.  it has a 20 hour battery so it is not an everyday watch, but it did track, speed, distance, pace and you could upload it to Garmin website and track your speed every few seconds.   I am going to brush off the dust and see how it works.  mapmyride as suggested by cranium should work as well. 

I'll give it a go tomorrow and see how the Garmin works.... if the battery is still good. 

At the very least id like to see a way to record time and distance and speed on the 9B1 app.

Cheers,

Jim

Here is what it looks like...WIN_20151118_18_13_49_Pro.thumb.jpg.b4ea

Ok Jim, thanks for the info...

let us know the results of the Garmin. I guess I was just wondering how it would pick up the speed and distance when we are "still and balanced" on the wheel - GPS like a car maybe...

Anyway, will watch for your updates,

cheers

Phil

It is too bad that one of the ninebot vendors can't chime in and say, that they are aware of the problem and that corporate is working on it. Still a new technology and everything isn't sorted out yet. Hopefully this upcoming year will see continued improvements on the customer service side.:) 

Practice, practice, practice...Here are a few shots of my Garmin Forerunner 305.  Maybe too much information for just a practice day, but I could see using the info. when I start taking it out on the road; testing the limits.  Our house is on the end of a cul-de-sac.  Todays activities involved lots of starts and stops (I am just now starting to be able to push-off, and then stop without having the 9B1 topple in front of me).  I also completed 2 sets of 10 left circles, and 2 sets of 10 right circles - no stopping or falling - along with some slalom curves up and down the street.  It certainly felt as though I was out there longer than 39 minutes? 

Cheers,

Jim

Screenshot-A.thumb.png.c0d0493bb738bee13Screenshot-B.thumb.png.879389ad0731013f5

As a warning, if you upload to Mapmyride or Garmin Connect, remember to lock down your profile so that others cannot see your routes. Otherwise all the local thieves can see which house contains the shiny EUC!  ?

This has been an increasing problem facing the cycling community. 

Archived