Ninebot One e+ broken after 1 1/2 weeks.

Cranium

Yep...only 1 1/2 weeks in and my EU is dead.  I bought this directly from China so my warranty support is out the window.  I took a chance to save a few bucks but hindsight is 20/20.  I should have spent the extra money to get the support.  *sigh*  

But can't change things now.  Have to try and fix what I have.  My backup plan is already in place and I pre-ordered a P from http://www.forwardca.com/ for a good price.  

If anyone knows how I can troubleshoot this, please let me know.  I believe it's either the motor or controller. See my thread in Mods & Repairs below.

That is really tough, there was a discussion going about buying from an authorized dealer versus not, did you order from ninebot in China or a reseller? Again, sorry brother!

Cranium:

I'm not trying to throw salt into your wounds, or rain on your parade, but your situation is exactly why I spend the extra couple hundred dollars and bought from NinebotUS.  I saw too many newbies (like me) trash the 9B while first learning.  It didn't take long to figure I better have the protection of a US distributor when the Bot gets tossed around and then dies.  

I certainly share your pain (I have done the same with other items), but these things get too beat up the first few days of learning not to be more than concerned about warrantee coverage.   Hope it all works out in the end for you.

Cheers,

Jim

I rolled the dice and came up short with ordering from a reseller.  I reached out to Ninebot to see if they will do anything.  And I'm trying to figure out exactly what the issue is on mine (board or motor).  If it is as simple as a bad mosfet, I can replace it.  Otherwise I'll be buying a whole board or motor which eats up any money saved to begin with!  lol

I have a plan-B for my E with a P and a chance for a C.....pre-ordered a Ninebot One P (from an authorized US seller http://www.forwardca.com/).  They have a giveaway going on for a Ninebot One C.  And I can always use the P to help me determine what the issue is with mine if I haven't figured it out by then.

Archived