Why to get the P (2 weeks in with my E+)

Paulandjacquelyn

Ok I'm just starting week 2 with my E+ and have come to some observations on why we need the P's extra power.

The speed of the E+ is plenty for 90% of city driving.  I do believe though that the extra power and speed are vital to effective city driving.   

1) crossing busy streets quickly

2) avoiding cars that maybe don't see you

3)Passing pedestrians (once they are aware)

4) dogs ???

5) quicker travel on long safe areas (with helmet)

6) passing a parked car that is sitting idle but running .....I've passed several and there is just know way to know if they just may take off or pull out. I approach slowly and try to make mirror contact but when passing want it to be quick and safe 

7) coming up to 4 way stops, several times if i was just a bit faster i would have been "first" and could have crossed without stopping.

So I will buy the P once it pops up on Amazon.  I will only buy Ninebot because i believe best tech n safety because of segway patents(tried n true) and financial situation means no mfg dangerous cost cutting....a reality in less stable companies.

I'm waiting on mine as well. I think the E goes about 12.5 mph. The P is supposed to be about 17. There are speedyfeet videos on a speed test of the P. If the numbers are correct that is a significant speed increase. I'm not sure, but I think it's even "torqier" that is it might get up to speed even faster. I'm also guessing faster braking as well, which is also very important. Also i'm guessing it will handle slightly steeper inclines. Just be careful what you wish for, crashing at 17mph is going to hurt a lot more than 12.5! Maybe not for Usain Bolt, but for the rest of us 17mph is pretty damned fast! I have a boosted board electric skateboard that will do 22mph flat out. I've taken it to 20mph which feels blistering on a skateboard.

Whoops might be wrong on the E+ speed. Someone else just posted he was doing 14mph, so perhaps not that much faster. Personally I am totally comfortable at the E+ top speed and do wish it had a bit more. Even if I only ride at 15mph at least I won't get the annoying push back on the P.

There is always going to be a bigger, faster, "better" option down the road if you want to wait long enough.  For me, it makes more sense to buy the best I can afford and enjoy it (and not cry over spilt milk).   I am OK with a few MPH less if it means I can ride now and not wait 3 or 4 weeks on a product that may be postponed even longer.

Of course YMMV!

Cheers,

Jim

I am totally with you Jim, if I would have known it was going to take so long to get the P, I would have ordered the e+. But I guess it will be worth the wait, and hopefully I won't have to upgrade as quickly, very much looking forward to learning to ride!

49 minutes ago, JFP9 said:

Will there really be a significant speed upgrade with the P?   Or is this an issue of larger motor and faster "off the line" response?

Just ask'n.

Cheers,

Jim 

Jim 

I can only foresee using extra torque n speed about 10% of time.  The e+ top speed about 14 is fine most of time.  

Fuerte. I agree with you 100% if the rollout were in a week or so, I'd plunk down the extra few hundred dollars for the latest tech, but then again, the P+ might only be a few months away anyway!   :).  

I am OK with zipping down the road at 14 mph, 17 mph is just too insane a speed for me.  LOL!

Cheers,

Jim

I'm in the same boat.  Had my E+ for only a week now.  My son will be trying it out this weekend and if he really likes it for using it around college campus, I would be very tempted get a P for myself just to have the latest.

But....I got my E+ for just under $760 (from China).  I wouldn't be willing to pay more than $1,000 for a small speed and torque increase.

So, I just talked with Al over at Ninebotus and he said that the P models are at the airport waiting to clear customs, so they might be available to order by Monday...that would be great to be able to finally get one and ride!

Not sure how long it will take if I am able to get in on the first order, but hopefully I will get one in the next week so I can play on the Thanksgiving holiday! I am too excited, kinda of enjoying having a bit of a mid-life crisis! ;-)

Many people are waiting for P, but I dont think it has not much different to E+. E+ is 320wh, P is 360wh. E+ max speed is around 25km/h, P is around 28km/h. That is no much different. At the moment, many brands has 680wh battery with max speed of 30km/h more. But truly the ninebot is good to look. 

Kind of find this post a little amusing and I guess by reading it a lot of you haven't had a Ninebot one for to long.

its like reading da ja ve all over again. By this I mean, many of us long term riders of ninebots bought the E version and was totally amazed but it compared to say air wheel, then within a couple of months or so the E+ was released, loads of the E users said that it wasnt much different and said there never buy it, but then more and more did upgrade just for the extra little bit of power and top end. 

My point is, yes the E+ is an excellent machine, but the P is about to dominate and if you ride the E version then this will be a great upgrade. 

Weve ve all been here before with consoles, phones, etc. 

Either way if your new to ECU then your most likely just need to buy the E+ and your be very happy with it until the P+ comes are way. The P version is a seriously fast machine, and one that will require a lot more respect due to what it can do and what it could do to you. 

So to finish up, I ride my E version and I'm still in love with it even after a year, but I've ordered the P just because it's time to upgrade while I can still get a great return on my old wheel in the second hand market. 

6 hours ago, Douglas Ingram said:

Cost increase: 36%
Battery increase: 12.5%

Range increase: 19%
Speed increase: 24%
Power increase: 60%

Everyone needs to make their own decisions based on what is right for them and if they want to dish out the dough for the P.  I'm on board for that power increase.  But the battery increase doesn't seem to increase in line with the power.  I'll be curious to see some reviews on usage and range.  

Archived