Full face motorcycle crash helmet mod

So I tried my old motorcycle helmet a while back but couldn't hear the MCM5 beeps with it on so I've continued to use my thousand helmet.  Because of this I've never used it although it would provide better protection I'm more likely to have a cutout as I can't hear the beeps, sort of counter intuitive.

Now stuck at home with the odd exercise on the EUC I thought I would tear it apart.  It has a smoked inner pilot style eye shield that's controlled on a slider, never used it as it's too dark. So the butchering begins.

Took it apart and removed the slider and fitted the surround back in place which left a 15mm X 40mm (estimated) slot. I then used my home made hot wire machine and cut through the inner polystyrene to the ear area, also made it round as it gets near to the ear area.  Also removed the visor and the machanism completely.  Then I attacked the other side with a Stanley knife to the same size slot and also the polystyrene with the hot wire. Finally sprayed the newly cut hole and polystyrene black.  Only took a few hours from beginning to start.

Will test tomorrow and see if it was worth all the work, if I can't hear the beeps it's back to the thousand helmet. If it works I'll use the full face for going out for fun and use the thousand for commuting as the thousand fits in my rucksack once I'm on the train and tube.  Testing tomorrow when out on my exercise, that's assuming I get up early enough.