Tom Posted November 11, 2015 Share Posted November 11, 2015 So this probably isn't "modding" but I've made a few simple changes to my generic EUC to enable the battery to be quickly swapped. I should add, this isn't a good idea if you care about waterproofing at all. Gone for a black and red colour scheme. Glitter under the pedals I cut the case (it was this model) using a hand saw with a fine blade, and cutting with a stanley knife beforehand made the sawing much easier and cleaner. Lots of tape needed for spraying the wheel black then red on the rim Changed the colours of the LEDs and tried tidying up the wires. The power button turns out to be faulty so needs replacing... Few cans of matte black spraypaint from Poundland. I used builder foam knee pads for the padding. Adding a loop of strong(!) tape around the battery to create a tab to allow it to be pulled out. I had to bring the battery connectors in from the other side of the case. To make the battery compartment easier to open, simply removed all the screws and added a triple layer duct tape tab with Command hanging strips on - they are really strong and durable. The battery should be wedged in very tightly, rather than relying on this to hold it in. The new head lamp is really bright, and it was also from poundland. Unfortunately has a glass lens which has smashed. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.