16 inch wheels - Can they go up curbs?

avpx1

Hi All,

I'm still considering what make \ model to get for my first purchase and was wondering about 16 inch wheels. I see in videos folks going up and or jumping up curbs and stairs etc on 14 and 18 inch wheels.

How about you guys with 16 inch wheels? Are you able to get up curbs with them? If so do you simply jump up them like you would with a 14 inch wheel, or roll up them like I've seen done on 18 inch wheels?

Thanks

14 minutes ago, Paulandjacquelyn said:

I'm sure this is time tested but in back of mind I envision stressing platform out which can lead to breakage at some point.  Valid concern?

I think it is, especially if you go over the curb very fast. What I like doing for smaller curbs is jumping slightly just prior to hitting the curb, but without pulling the unit up with me. This way there is very little weight on the EU when it goes over the curb and hopefully stresses it less. 

2 hours ago, logos122 said:

I think it is, especially if you go over the curb very fast. What I like doing for smaller curbs is jumping slightly just prior to hitting the curb, but without pulling the unit up with me. This way there is very little weight on the EU when it goes over the curb and hopefully stresses it less. 

Here's a video (in Dutch but with English subs) showing two techniques that look the same but can tackle different curb heights without jumping and lifting the wheel with your feet. There's slowmotion parts in the video so you can study the little details. I think the Easy technique is what you described.

21 minutes ago, Michael David de Gans said:

Here's a video (in Dutch but with English subs) showing two techniques that look the same but can tackle different curb heights without jumping and lifting the wheel with your feet. There's slowmotion parts in the video so you can study the little details. I think the Easy technique is what you described.

Ohh yeah that's exactly it! And here I thought I was being original haha

Archived