How to use KS16c Battery in KS16s

m.a.r.t.i.n

Hi,

I would like to use my old KS16c battery on the KS16s. But my old batteries only have +/- cabling. The new board requires 3 power poles (red,black, blue) and an additional thin wired 2-pole connection (red/black BEC Connector)

I suppose the new batteries have a different BMS. Is there a chance to update/use my old batteries? What is the blue cable for?

thank you and best regards,

Martin

I've experimented with my KS16S extensively.
KS16S doesn't really care about BMS, it only really cares about voltage. If you take 84V and connect it to + and -, it will work - I've done it.

Just one word of warning - there are two fuses on the motherboard. Be sure to have two batteries, each connected to a separate fuse!
I've faceplanted because I had only one battery and the fuse blew. KS16S is not designed to run with one battery, it's very easy to overpower it.

ok! and how about the the small BEC Connector? ( 2 thin red/black wire with red plug) I just want to make sure, that everything will work - or at least it would be good to know what will may not work..

I am thinking about:

-) overcharging

-) overcharging during braking (thank you for the tipp regarding the 2 fuses)

-) overspeed warning (also depending on battery voltage, I guess)

-) overdraining the batteries

17 hours ago, m.a.r.t.i.n said:

and how about the the small BEC Connector? ( 2 thin red/black wire with red plug)

They fell off on both of my batteries after I disassembled the unicycle for the 10-th time. I have no idea what were they for. :D I saw no difference before and after.

Edited by atdlzpae