First couple of impressions 9b1e+

Tatertot

Howdy! I've been riding the Ninebot One E+ for the past 4 days (since Saturday) now, and have accumulated 85 miles on it so far :-).

I live in a very, very, mountainous area of the foothills in Tucson, Arizona, so my battery-life expectancy for each charge is a little lower than what all the websites project. I've gotten 13 or 15 miles on a single charge throughout the day as my maximum yet. But this was with traveling up and down very large hills and stopping/speeding up frequently. I'd say that's pretty good (and probably a little bit due to the regenerative braking)! 

I use it to commute from my vehicle to my university campus (1.5miles every morning, 1.5 back every afternoon), and to my classes on campus because it's such a huge campus. I've gotten weird looks to, of course, the expected "wtf is that" from every young adult I've passed by. We don't really have these kinds of things out in Tucson-- I'm pretty sure I'm the only one in our town who has one so far, which is pretty neat :). But, by the end of the day as I'm heading back to the car, I've got on average, 70% battery life. Today, though, I had JUST enough to get me to my car (18%) because I was riding it around for literally over an HOUR while letting people try it out and have as much fun with it as I have these past couple days. They all loved it.

This first week has been a great experience with the 9b and it has held up pretty well! I've ridden it in rainy weather (today and yesterday), both with some pretty heavy downpours and through some puddles and it's been fine since. I've hopped curbs, fallen once (while standing still :P), and floored it wherever I had the chance.

The first day that I got it, I rode it on 0, 1, and 3. After the first day, I thought that was too mainstream, so I've been riding it on 9 since and I think that this is where this model really excels. It's so fluid and "whoa"-like, yet STILL so responsive and even more fun. I love feeling like I'm practically parallel to the ground and blasting off like I'm being transported by some space-machine. It's dope as soap, let me tell you. I had some frustration with the app, though, but that quickly blew over once I realized what I was doing wrong.

This brings me to the point that I really, really, wish that the unicycle would have its mainboard powered ON while charging so I could have the accessibility to play with the functions in the app and tweak them even a little more. Or, at least, the bluetooth function enabled so that once it's done charging, all of the adjustments I made while it was charging will then be saved after I unplug it from its charger and turn it on to set out! I understand why they don't do this, though, but I'd still like it to be an option. 

Another thing I'd like to comment on is how powerful this feels compared to my Huanxi h3. Don't get me wrong, I still love that thing. But compared to the larger footpedals, the more powerful motor, and the overall sleek design and higher max speed, you can't beat it. Though, I would like the lights that I have on the huanxi, and the usb port that the huanxi has to be put on to my 9b1e+. IF the 9bot had a usb port so I could charge my phone and a small, CREE LED COB headlight (they're extremely luminous, yet surprisingly energy efficient), then I'd have absolutely no complaints at all.

Anyway, I love this thing. I'm an adventurous college student and this thing has provided me with more entertainment and fun than most anything else has. No regrets; worth every penny.

By the end of the week I was ranked in the top 10 on the ranking list on the app :-). I switched to riding setting 4-- I found it to be a good balance between stiffness and fluidy, squishy-ness. I'll often go to 9 because that's where the fun is at, but 4 is my go-to.

It's easier to drive on 0-2 but where's the fun in easy :) 

First week was great!! Absolutely love this thing-- it's such a blast.

Ah Tucson, is the dirtbag bar still a thing among students? Got some good but fuzzy memories from 10 years ago. They might have found my credit card in the meantime... ^_^

Good luck on your future ventures

@Tatertot Nice post, thanks for sharing.  I get alot of looks and questions too while zipping through my neighborhood.  I tell everyone "it's popular in Europe and Asia but not here yet".  I based that assumption on most people on these forums and the 9B community are overseas.

Archived