Portable Charging Option - Delta 1300Wh Power Station

Mike Paolini

So today, I use the Ecoflow River Power Station to charge in the back of my vehicle on the way to places (e.g. I'm at less than a 100%, say 80% because that's where I store it but some buddies called to go riding).   This unit manages unto 3 amps rapid charge using the eWheels charger.   And it's light weight and portable.

Well they just announced a new, bigger version on kickstarter, and for a limited time it's at 42% discount (them moving to a 30% I think if you miss the early bird).

The new one is unto 1300Wh with an output of 1800W,  and charging the unit to 80% happens in about hour with a full charge in about 2 hours.   Kickstarter buyers also get lifetime warranty on the batteries.

For what it is worth, my River has been 100% trouble free these last 3 years - I've used it mostly for charing drones in the field (DC to DC) and for AC power for buddies (like OneWheelers) or topping off on the way to rides.   As a previous backer they offed me $100 off the new model (plus the discount) just to tell you how they do business. It's a good company in my mind.

If you are in the market for such a thing, here you go.   (I also grabbed the solar option because of storms here and power outages - turns out portable power is good for many things :) )

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have an Ecoflow River:

https://generatoron.org/best-portable-power-station/#product1

I bought mine when it was a Kickstarter so it was much less expensive (I paid around $450). It gives me about 34 amp hours at 12v. I also have a Deep Cycle battery that gives me about 110ah but it's a heavy beast. The Ecoflow is about 11 lbs. Plus it has 11 output ports on it so I can power the mount and the hub directly using DC power (plus charge cell phones) and it has two 110v outlets on the back that I can use for a TV or the laptop. Pay your attention, it listed in the top of the review, I'm sure that it worth this position ranking.

• 4 months later...

These 2 power stations you mentioned lack some solar backp up (I guess that DELTA is solar panel compatible but I have no idea which panel works here)

My top-1 for solar powered stations is Jackery Explorer portable power station, it goes in 3 sizes where the size is the wattage - 160/240/500 accordingly - in this case, you don't pay for features you don't need like 6 AC outlets, while I had to use 3 at most in the same time.

But if you have some extra $170 you can get their SolarSaga solar panel for your Jackery power station. Undortunately I haven't tested it with power stations of other brands, but it worked great. 

Edited by meepmeepmayer
link removed - not suitable for EUCs, possible spam