Pinwheel T1

GJHS

On 10/10/2015 at 6:24 AM, Michael Anthony said:

Hi GJHS.

Thanks for the update. I just ordered my Pinwheel T1S... also called the T1F Smart/Faster. It comes with an app similar to the Ninebot or at least that is what the marketing shows. I ended up dealing directly with the company in China... it seemed the only way to get any real information about the various models they sold.. ti took a lot of digging but finally worked it out... I think.

Now I just need to get a helmet and a bit of protective gear and I will be ready when it arrives.

Thanks,

Michael

may i know the url of the site of the company in china where you ordered?  i am also doing a research for my 1st wheel...
thx.

Interesting to find that EUC manufacturers have begun using LiPo cells. I have always thought they would be much better suited for that purpose, as they can deliver far higher currents (40-60C continuously) and can be packed more efficiently into the narrow, rectangular space of the battery boxes due to their flat pouch shape. They're not really prone to damage, at least as long as they are housed within the plastic shell of the EUC. I use lots of LiPO cells for my offroad RC cars, and they really take a beating there, believe me - many times worse than anything that could happen to them in an EUC. There are also many brands that offer LiPos already encased in an extra plastic shell, the so-called hardcase Lipos. Many RC car racing organizations will not let an RC car participate in a race if it does not have a hardcase LiPo. Most of them are only 2s or 3s, but I am sure that making an 8s would be just as simple.

Hi Joelren2k,

I purchased mine directly from TopJoy but found it to be a very frustrating experience. So far the actual wheel seems fine and no real complaints there but the company seems VERY shady. They pulled a bait-and-switch with the shipping company and the delivery was maybe a month later than stated. They basically responded with, "Oh well." There are two sellers on Amazon but they seem to basically be one in the same. I would definitely think twice before ordering from them. 

Just my two cents,

Micghael 

Archived