Moding 2 wheel control board to run only 1 wheel

I have a 2 wheel control board that I need to only run one wheel.  In this application, there will be no second wheel, no second gyro, no second hall sensor.  The problem is that on start up the control board runs a diagnostic and tells me (through various blinking lights) that it can’t dectect the second gyro, hall and motor. I need to bypass or spoof a second gyro, hall and motor. Any suggestions?

Here’s what I thought of:

1. I can wire the the first gyro to feed back to the second gyro input on the control board.  

2. I can wire the signal wires only (not the load) from the first hall sensor back to the second hall sensor. 

3. I don’t know what to do with the 3 phase wires that would drive the second motor.  I’m concerned about joining the 3phase wires from the left and right outputs to run a single motor. This motor is rated at 36v/500w. The two concerns are blowing the motor or having the signles from the left output not being synchronized with the right (in theory they should be synchronized because of 1&2 above, same gyro and hall sensors).  

Archived