Riding mode meaning...

eddiejoker

Yes.  0 is the most sensitive.  I've read that beginners should use 3 or 4 but I don't know why.  I found that I liked 0 and 1.  I learned on Mode 1. The only thing I didn't like about 0 was that it vibrates when stationary.  But then I was told that it quits doing that after a while (and, of course, it's just while it's stationary).  So now I use Mode 0.

After I learned to ride pretty well.  I tried Riding Mode 9... Clown Mode, for fun.  It was a blast... because it was ridiculous!  The pedals would slowly flop forward and then if you tried to level them out they would flop back (but you would keep going forward).  This may be wrong but it almost seems that the Riding Mode # is the number of degrees from level that it is allowed to lean.

It adjusts the amount of "play" between forward tilt and backwards tilt. The problem is that the effect requires a unit power cycle to apply, which is why it's confusing to people. The app has a tendency to not get the setting to stick.  10 means there's a lot of "space" between forward and backward tilting. 0 means almost instant response between tilt directions.  I like mine around 3. Having it at 0 means the unit is almost always exerting minimal wattage either forward or backwards even when you're standing still w one leg on the unit or whatever. 3 allows me some wiggle room so I have an in between space where the unit doesn't have to power forward or backward. Good luck.

Archived