Windows 10 - RAM upgrade increased Blender render by 275%

Bob Eisenman

A trick for a recent version of Blender uses a 'data transfer' modifier to copy the movement 'weight paints' of the model/armature bones to the clothing. My attempt at sticking the clothes to the model was not entirely successful from a flexibility point of view but in this case it looks OK. The clothes are 'shrinkwrapped' to the mesh. Looks like she needs a chin strap and knee/ elbow pads.? This kind of EUC riding is really an armchair adventure. I really like the Converse style sneakers.

On 4/30/2017 at 4:39 PM, Bob Eisenman said:

Just got back from food shopping (an Uber ride with Tatiana from Connecticut + another passenger).

Well... I was wearing the full protection deal for me (helmet, knee pads, wrist guards, gloves) but for some reason the fall didn't allow for much self arrest. The route was a typical Street route but with the presence of several piles of Street salt. The rut I saw too late was encountered going around a street intersection and onto a slight  downward incline. Much salt was in and around the presumed fateful 'snowplow carved shallow rut'. I thought I had memorized  all of the street ruts on that road (there are many). The EUC went out from under me and I went sort of airborne. The dizzying impact was complicated by the immediate sensation that there was something extremely wrong with my upper arm. Oddly my thoughts of returning to my apt several blocks away were stronger than the impulse to just wait for the next motorist on the not terribly used road. The thought of leaving the EUC and walk (right hand holding the EUC rather than the injured arm at left wrist) were overcome by the distatefull thought of lugging the 30 pound EUC with my still good right arm while my bad arm hung lifeless and position sensitive. I was sure I could mount the EUC again and ride slowly and smoothly (an uppermost thought in my head) back to the apartment and that is what I did.

I arrived back at my apartment, which has a long staircase, carrying the EUC to the top with my good arm. My Fitbit HR , worn on the broken arm, has two low heart rate spikes at about that time. My guess is that the fractured humerus bled while standing and trying to mount the EUC at the accident site and the second low HR spike had something to do with mounting the steps to my apt. Fishing my apt key from my left pocket (broken arm side) to open the door was a major hurdle, reaching into my left pocket with my right hand. While the lifeless injured arm was position sensitive the nature of the wound was relatively non painful when held in position with my good hand. The blood on my eyeglasses was noticed at the site of the accident. At the apt I stripped off my protective gear and decided to walk to the nearby hospital. The thought of calling a cab seemed problematic since I had no cash on my person. Walking to the ER was sort of slow, head down and persistent since the incident left me feeling 'damaged'. You can imagine the shock in the ER staff as I walked into the ER from the street, blood on my glasses and indicating that it felt like I broke my arm.

Beung the health experts that they are they 'triaged', took x rays and a CT scan since they were concerned that the neck area and eye sockets might be injured too. For reasons not entirely clear they sent me by ambulance to the Brigham and Women's hospital in Boston(as opposed to another local hospital) , a location where I worked as a tech with a research group from about 2003-2006 before the grant was not renewed.

Arriving at the B&W there was ambiguity as to what had happened and what to do. My arrival at B&W was expected but no details of my accident and no copies of x rays or CT scan were on the ambulance with me. They (B&W) repeated x rays, CT scan and dissed authoritatively with me about my high blood pressure and my lack of taking the proper meds without doctors approval. I emailed two former associates at the medical area (Dr. C.C. Morton and Dr. Brad Quade) while waiting for x rays to let them know I was in the B&W hospital as a patient.

For upper arm fractures the health care team needs to evaluate if nerve damage occurred, a phenomena that I was fortunate not to have since my fingers were highly manipulative/ responsive (despite being sore) and both my upper and lower arms were responsive to light touch. An IV was inserted to my right hand and formed the conduit from which blood for lab tests and 1 liter of fluid was administered to counter signs of dehydration revealed by lab tests.

I spent the night on 'observation' catching moments of sleep but mostly rest. In the morning I was provided with a meal chosen from a menu. Following the lowering of my BP with a dose of high BP medication I was allowed to be discharged. A nurse walked me to the doorway nearest to the ATM, cabs and front entrance. A desk guard called a cab in that cold day after waiting on the street (Francis st) found no cabs passing by on that Sunday morning. A nine page patient discharge set of papers, read to me by a nurse minutes before discharge, detailed an evaluation of my injuries and what I should plan to do in the days ahead. A triage type of scenario had placed four sutures in my eyelid and removal of the stitches was due in four days at the location of my choice (The Salem, MA hospital ER). An $80 cab ride delivered me back to my apt that Sunday and the thought of installing Uber came to mind sometime between arriving at the B&W and four days later at the ER in Salem.

The thought of riding the EUC again comes to mind as the arm feels better and better but the events of the last six weeks are sobering in light of safer modes of getting around in a pragmatic sense.

My Ninebot One E+ looks about same as before the incident.

Ride safely.

I saw someone mention your arm in another thread but didn't know what to make of it.  This is my first time in this thread here.  Horrible story and i can only imagine the possible expense ...

I hope your recovery has been going well since that day.  

I wonder if there was anything different you would do if you could, or if you feel it was just some bad luck.  I'm the type who often searches for a lesson in bad luck to make it feel less miserable and/or pointless.

Archived