Rico Clark

Soooooo after pondering on the ninebot one I decided to not pay the 950USD and grab the cheaper almost comparable TG F3 scooter.  It is the big brother to the TG-T3 and looks similar.  It arrived in the typical Chinese packaging with the Euro power adapter and US plug adapter.  I was too damn excited as two of my coworkers are ninebot users.  I unbox it and noticed it is 75% charged. Its a Li battery so hey lets do it.  BOY WAS I WRONG about this thing.  Took me about  30 mins to go ten feet.  The problem is that you have to buy into the concept of the balancing.  I ride a motorcycle and its is similar to this when you are turning.  Once I said phuck-it lets do this I was able to make it happen.  I started off slow while holding the safety strap that was provided.  I just held on to my mail box and go busy moving forward.

Next was turning. I am more pushing my foot down and leaning a little that just leaning to turn.  Its a coordination thing but easy one you keep propulsion and leaning in sync.  Once I got the slow turns down I set up a few cones to do some weaving.

battery died on me but it gave me some rest.

Issue is that you are so focused on squeezing your shins to the thin azz pad on it that not your shins are sore as hell.  The charge time was like 2hrs so I iced my shins and put on a pair of shin guards form my soccer days.  #gladIkeptThem   Back at it!!  The scooter is very well built and it takes a licking and keeps on ticking.  Top speed is 11.8Mph but you don't wanna go that fast for too long.  These things heat up after about 30 mins.  Also you can't stop that fast and God forbid someone walks in front of you.  I work in DC so people are everywhere.  I love that I can just roll around them and keep on truckin.  You do attract a ton of attention but just smile and keep focus.  It takes about 2 actually hrs to get good at it and about 2 months to be a pro in my opinion.  I don't do much curb hoping as I ain't gonna bust my ass trying to be fancy.  I don't mind stopping and picking it up.  

The TG F3 is loads of fun and at 360USD shipped I didn't mind the price.  950 for the ninebot is a lil pricey for my taste but you never know.  The TG has a 14" wheel making it easier to steer.  Ninebot has a 16" wheel so keep that in mind.

IMO the TG F3 is a great buy if you wanna learn and don't want a bottom end unit.

GO FOR IT!!!  I'm a wheeler 4 life  (pending I can stand on my own when I get older)

:-)

Archived