Changing Airwheel x8 main board to Microwork.

Willy

Was thinking change my Airwheel X8 main board to Microwork 30B, for a faster ride 30km. Just afraid it wont compatible. Anyone have succeeded Airwheel X8 to Microwork 30B main board? Help and opinion are very appreciated. Thanks

The cost for the PCB or even the motor and the PCB in case it is not compatible is not something  you cannot afford (just 180USD). I would suggest, though, you get yourself a proper helmet and a suit if you want to ride more than 16km/h.

Mind due their PCBs are not that reliable.

You need to buy a motor and board that make a pair.

My EGG EUC were built from scratch by me and it very easy. I can costumize it any time, in fact I am adding RGB led bar and connecting to the 30B4 board + Arduino.

Please see the videos and information about EGG EUC: https://github.com/EGG-electric-unicycle/documentation/wiki

On 3/7/2016 at 3:04 PM, electric_vehicle_lover said:

You need to buy a motor and board that make a pair.

My EGG EUC were built from scratch by me and it very easy. I can costumize it any time, in fact I am adding RGB led bar and connecting to the 30B4 board + Arduino.

Please see the videos and information about EGG EUC: https://github.com/EGG-electric-unicycle/documentation/wiki

Did it ever crash on you? What make and type of battery you use?

I got 2 PCBs (one after the other)from Microworks. The first one didn't even start and the second one gave me a faceplant which I cannot explain why happened.

I bought a generic buzzer but didn't install it on the second PCB.

First of all what kind of batteries did you use?

The second pcb I bought and put into the unicycle, gave it a whole lot more power and usability than ever. But something went wrong and I want to find out what. There was a vibration coming from the motor just before the crash. And it still does it now. There is no friction with anything. Just when the pcb gives it power and the motor spins, there is a vibration. Did you ever experience such a thing?

I bought a set from them like you did. The first pcb that came with the set was faulty and was sent back. So I got the second which after 50kms gave me a faceplant.

My batteries are at 320wh minimum.

• 1 month later...
On 01.07.2016 at 1:00 AM, Willy said:

Was thinking change my Airwheel X8 main board to Microwork 30B, for a faster ride 30km. Just afraid it wont compatible. Anyone have succeeded Airwheel X8 to Microwork 30B main board? Help and opinion are very appreciated. Thanks

If you still need the answer - yes, I have Airwheel x8 + 30B fully working. I had to orient the board properly, find the right sequence of power wires to the motor, and to attach external battery. Without ext battery the wheel turns off on heavy load. 

The speed is not 30 km/h because of different size and different motor's pole pairs number. Practically I got 17-19 km/h normal speed. At 23 km/h the motor haven't enough torque even to hold me (I'm 70 kg).

Archived