WARNING: BE CAREFUL UPDATING YOUR BMS TO VERSION 1.88!

PIJ

I ran into a major issue today. My wife has a Kingsong S19, and I have an S19 Pro. The Kingsong app notified me about a new BMS update (Version 1.85 to 1.88), so I updated both devices to the recommended version.
After the update, we went for a ride, and shortly after, my S19 Pro encountered an "S26 issue." I reverted the BMS back to version 1.85, and that seemed to resolve the problem. However, about 10 minutes later, my wife’s S19 abruptly cut off—no warning at all. It just shut down, and now I can’t turn it back on.
Is anyone else experiencing similar issues?
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I created an account so I can reply to this. 

Sunday I updated the BMS to 1.88 before going for a ride with my girlfriend. I made it a mile from my house when the wheel suddenly cut turned off, sending me flying. Had to go to urgent care to get stitches. 

last night I got a notification from the KS app saying there’s something wrong with 1.88 and to install 1.90 (1.85)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TomS19 said:

I created an account so I can reply to this. 

Sunday I updated the BMS to 1.88 before going for a ride with my girlfriend. I made it a mile from my house when the wheel suddenly cut turned off, sending me flying. Had to go to urgent care to get stitches. 

last night I got a notification from the KS app saying there’s something wrong with 1.88 and to install 1.90 (1.85)

Which EUC? I rode my S16 Pro on 1.88 BMS for a while when I first got it and luckily no cut outs. I've since been on 1.91 for nearly a month now. It's ok so far. 

2 hours ago, BlueCrow said:

Which EUC? I rode my S16 Pro on 1.88 BMS for a while when I first got it and luckily no cut outs. I've since been on 1.91 for nearly a month now. It's ok so far. 

The S19 Pro. 

I ran the 1.88 update a couple hours before going for a ride, the battery was somewhere at 80% when I left my house.

Most of the ride prior to the cutout was on a slight down hill, but as soon as the road started going up hill and I leaned to maintain speed (15ish mph), the wheel completely lost power. 
I didn’t accelerate much at all, just to keep up with my girlfriend on her scooter which is not anything powerful. So it’s not like I overpowered the FETs.

This wheel has been my favorite so far, never had any issues with it, always kept it clean and well maintained, I’m not an aggressive rider so I never pushed it to the limit, just puttered around town with my gf. 

I got this wheel specifically because the 50s cells and smart BMS, I previously had a v12HT and got rid of it after hearing about all the cutout issues with it. I wanted to upgrade to a wheel with a higher safety margin, joke’s on me tho…

Later that night I got a notification from the KS app stating that people should not install 1.88 and instead update to 1.90 which is just a v1.85 roll-back.

IMG_0901.jpeg

I run the King Song S19 in Korea. I updated it to version 1.88 of bms, and the power turned off and rolled, so I was hospitalized for 3 days. After the cutout, I reset the bms and turned it on, and at the same time, I got a perm 1.90 and got a down perm at 1.85

• Like 1