Knee pain

There is a body of research, you can search google scholar with the terms "neurogenesis β-carboline" if you are really interested. I'm convinced that the brain can heal itself over time if provided nutrition β-carboline.

5 minutes ago, on one said:

There is a body of research, you can search google scholar with the terms "neurogenesis β-carboline" if you are really interested. I'm convinced that the brain can heal itself over time if provided nutrition β-carboline.

I am referring to normal physiology. Apart from this, things like Ayahuasca, psilocybin, lsd, ketamine, can do lots of interesting things with the brain, indeed. 

No, the human brain makes it's own β-carboline, hence endogenous, if you really were to look into the body of research, here, I will provide you a link: https://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl=en&as_sdt=0%2C51&q=neurogenesis+β-carboline+endogenous&btnG=

try not to get thrown off course just because some of the research involves drugs, because the brain makes it's own β-carboline, out of tryptophan, I think.

8 minutes ago, on one said:

No, the human brain makes it's own β-carboline, hence endogenous, if you really were to look into the body of research, here, I will provide you a link: https://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl=en&as_sdt=0%2C51&q=neurogenesis+β-carboline+endogenous&btnG=

try not to get thrown off course just because some of the research involves drugs, because the brain makes it's own β-carboline, out of tryptophan, I think.

Makes sense, but in physiology things work differently - some substances are produced only at certain time of development for example. Work differently at different times on different cells and organs. The end effect is some things never happen. Adult brain/spinal cord (neuronal damage I mean)/ligaments/cartilage self repairs are not happening or are severely limited and/or not returning the organ in the native state.

This is how things are. Reality. Sorry.

Edited by Aztek
  • Like 1

Another route, to giving your brain and body a way to heal is to target your immune system because it's also implicated in brain dysfunction. So, if you have allergies and you were able to stop the allergic cascade for a few years, then that might help your brain heal too.

Last sunday morning I went on a 7.9 mile ride on a free way with a 30-40 MPH speed limit with a max speed of 32.3 lasting for 27 minutes to try the squatting posture I saw in this video at

with 10 pounds of weight on my back pack. The deeper the squat I got into the more wobbles I got so I tried to find the middle ground between standing and squatting while turning the pedal hardness to down to 60%. Seemingly it felt like I was just bending over more than bending my knees I'm not sure if I'm doing it right. I didn't felt anything until minutes after I got back home before I removed the leatt pads. No pain just discomfort so I iced the leg for half an hour. The next morning the discomfort felt worse. Seated riding is getting better I still don't feel safe switching to it at mid ride. At least the small bumps feel better. I'm thinking maybe changing the euc pads to a higher position for my shins to lean on as I bend my knees?

• Confused 1

From the MRI results my Doc says everything is normal, he also says it is NOT arthritis but now he's calling it an "Ongoing injury". I'm still riding the V11. I moved the front pads to a higher position so when I drop my hips and bend my knees I make contact with the pads leaning on them to accelerate without having to lean forward. My feet placement feels wider, this might be better for me when I squat down. I'm gonna go back to therapy. Thanks for the support and advice by those who cared enough to post.

• Like 1