My experience with Begode firmware...

I bought a Master V4, and everything worked great on firmware 5101. Version 5104 said it had more torque, so I updated it. While it did have more torque it also had weird grinding/vibrating all the time.  I couldn't believe how bad it was... do they test these things? Then I noticed they didn't have my original firmware available! So I found a 5105 which promised bug fixes. It was the same, except was tilted forward about 20 degrees, and had weird tilting characteristics. I realized whatever the setting were on the test rig, those get baked into your wheel settings, and the wheel thinks that is the new zero. You have to re-calibrate. Then I found another version 5104, but with a slightly different upload date. I flashed to that and it was better, but still had the grinding. I read that EUC World can flash firmware now, and they keep ALL the versions. I am now back to 5102 which seems to work well. I will never try this again, I can't believe what bozos these guys are. I work in software...  this is just offensive how incompetent they are with uploading broken, untested crap, and not allowing people to revert.

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE: We have a happy ending. I found a message from Begode that we need to update our firmware by Aug 10th, due to an issue where the cut-out switch can burn the board. This time I found they had only ONE version available, 5107, and it doesn't have any forward tilt or weird settings baked in. It also doesn't make constant grinding noises, everything works well. The wheel has more zip off the line, and powering up-hill has significantly more power. I just don't have to lean as hard, and now I need to re-adjust my pads since it feels so different. I also noticed a slight "cogging" as if the magnets are stronger and I am feeling it more. The wheel isn't as smooth, but it is more fun... feels like a sports car with a sensitive throttle. Highly recommend 5107! More info from Begode here: https://docs.google.com/document/u/0/d/1gTcojoYFqm_cSnmJd4ecF0acnogubnQoYPnMuNgMBDI/mobilebasic

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, drader said:

Thanks for that link.  The video they had in those instructions confirmed that I installed to correct firmware update.  I had posted a question about this in a separate thread that no one answered directly, but I could see the specific recommended firmware version number for my wheel in their video link at https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IY_hC4bUouV2kitnroyFvurymk2kbyuv/view   Cheers.

On 8/6/2024 at 9:52 PM, drader said:

UPDATE: We have a happy ending. I found a message from Begode that we need to update our firmware by Aug 10th, due to an issue where the cut-out switch can burn the board. This time I found they had only ONE version available, 5107, and it doesn't have any forward tilt or weird settings baked in. It also doesn't make constant grinding noises, everything works well. The wheel has more zip off the line, and powering up-hill has significantly more power. I just don't have to lean as hard, and now I need to re-adjust my pads since it feels so different. I also noticed a slight "cogging" as if the magnets are stronger and I am feeling it more. The wheel isn't as smooth, but it is more fun... feels like a sports car with a sensitive throttle. Highly recommend 5107! More info from Begode here: https://docs.google.com/document/u/0/d/1gTcojoYFqm_cSnmJd4ecF0acnogubnQoYPnMuNgMBDI/mobilebasic

Where did you find 5107?

The begode app and euc world have 5105 as the newest. Its date marked 20240702 and says its version "Master 4_GW2015105", just as in the alien rides video when he clicks the master.

Edited by GottaWay