Which wheel shoul I buy? Lynx, v14, Extreme

Posted (edited)

Hello, I got really good offer on the wheels Lynx 50s 2900 eur, V14 50s 2600 eur, Extreme 50s 2500 eur. I can't decide which one to get. I already got Sherman s and the lynx in very simmilar. I want a jumping wheel. Still just learning the jumps. Since the price is so close I kind of wanna get Lynx. I don't have the option to try any of the wheel in my country so I would relly appreciate the feedback from those who have tried them.

Thanks

Edited by tomaz7
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, tomaz7 said:

Hello, I got really good offer on the wheels Lynx 50s 2900 eur, V14 50s 2600 eur, Extreme 50s 2500 eur. I can't decide which one to get. I already got Sherman s and the lynx in very simmilar. I want a jumping wheel. Still just learning the jumps. Simce the price is so close I kind of wanna get Lynx. I don't have the option to try any of the wheel in my country so I would relly appreciate the feedback from those who have tried them.

Thanks

Hmm.. Where does one find such deals? Sounds pretty nice unless that's from Aliexpress or Amazon.. :D

I think general consensus on the strong points was:
Lynx for mainly streets and cruising at speeds,
V14 for aggressive riding feeling with stiff suspension,
Extreme for trails, jumping and overall more tolerance for imperfections thanks to the travel. 

That said, all wheels sound capable of doing all terrain if you've got the tire for it, anyways. Although, since you've got a Sherman for cruising already and want to jump specifically, then depends if you want a racing car feeling with the V14 or confidence/comfort thanks to the Extreme suspension travel. And if you grow into a jumping mad-lad, then you can upgrade the parts for more extreme conditions.

P.S. I haven't ridden them, but have watched a handful of videos/threads on comparisons.. :D

Edited by Phonoman

14 hours ago, Phonoman said:

Hmm.. Where does one find such deals? Sounds pretty nice unless that's from Aliexpress or Amazon.. :D

I think general consensus on the strong points was:
Lynx for mainly streets and cruising at speeds,
V14 for aggressive riding feeling with stiff suspension,
Extreme for trails, jumping and overall more tolerance for imperfections thanks to the travel. 

That said, all wheels sound capable of doing all terrain if you've got the tire for it, anyways. Although, since you've got a Sherman for cruising already and want to jump specifically, then depends if you want a racing car feeling with the V14 or confidence/comfort thanks to the Extreme suspension travel. And if you grow into a jumping mad-lad, then you can upgrade the parts for more extreme conditions.

P.S. I haven't ridden them, but have watched a handful of videos/threads on comparisons.. :D

Thanks it is Aliexpress. The thing is I don't have any euc shop in my coutry so If something goes wrong I will have to fix it by mayself anyway. And I still get help and parts from them. I bought bouth my wheels there and had no problem.

I was kind thinking V14 but pedal hight is a bit conserning to me. And also plastic on the sides.

On 5/28/2024 at 9:27 AM, tomaz7 said:

Thanks it is Aliexpress. The thing is I don't have any euc shop in my coutry so If something goes wrong I will have to fix it by mayself anyway. And I still get help and parts from them. I bought bouth my wheels there and had no problem.

I was kind thinking V14 but pedal hight is a bit conserning to me. And also plastic on the sides.

Sorry for the slight offtopic, but what was the Aliexpress shop/vendor name that you had the good experience with? 

On 6/4/2024 at 3:14 PM, Phonoman said:

Sorry for the slight offtopic, but what was the Aliexpress shop/vendor name that you had the good experience with? 

Not him, but most likely its Road Knight Club. People have been ordering from there quite a lot. Warranty is still being honored there, but in pretty much all cases it works in a way that they just send you the replacement part and you have to swap it yourself. Not a huge deal since you probably know how to do some maintenance on the wheel anyway since there aint really any shops that do it either, at least not in my country.

There also was a group order on the Lynxes a while back when it was still a newer wheel. People got them around the same price, 3k€ when it cost 4k€ from "official" stores. Only difference is the warranty and most places in EU have so unbelievably shitty warranty that basically covers you if you get a DOA wheel and not much more. Onewheel for example has a 24 month warranty which comes with a small print on the bottom that says it is 24 months or 2000km. Whichever comes first. They did however upgrade it to 7000km for wheels bought after 1.12.2023, but it still feels short for the bigger wheels (Lynx and such which can be ridden over 100km on one charge).

So unless you want to pay 1k€ more for a warranty which in reality is a very short one, I suggest looking into the aliexpress option. Also LK wheels come with manufacturer warranty which covers most of the parts for 12/24 months. That can be used even if you bought it from aliexpress.

• Like 1