What did my Inmotion say?

Vika

• 2 weeks later...

My v11 used to do it if i charged it up then went down hill from my house .(regen braking) caused an overcharge situation. It would tilt back then shut down. You might want to make sure your charger is functioning properly and not overcharging the wheel.

Edited by Punxatawneyjoe
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/16/2024 at 4:01 PM, Rider1 said:

Overload, please get off?

Thank you for your reply. Looks like it's an overload.

On 6/16/2024 at 6:27 PM, Punxatawneyjoe said:

My v11 used to do it if i charged it up then went down hill from my house .(regen braking) caused an overcharge situation. It would tilt back then shut down. You might want to make sure your charger is functioning properly and not overcharging the wheel.

Thank you for your reply. Totally similar situation.
I was going down a hill and it started talking about overloading. Now it also consistently says overload every time I charge it. The charger is original, it looks serviceable.
Is there any way you've solved this problem? Or is it not a problem?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vika said:

Is there any way you've solved this problem?

As long as your charger is not overcharging you have to wear down the battery just a little before going down hill after a full charge or you could stop charging prematurely. Maybe do a few circles in the driveway before departing or leave the wheel on with the headlight on a few minutes before departing. I think the battery management is a little aggressive with their faults on Inmotion wheels but better to be safe than sorry i guess.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I had the same problem.

The app reported an insanely high voltage (the "overload please get off" error happens when the battery looks like "above 87.08 volts").

I tried using a meter/tester and verified the battery had the correct voltage (anything between 82.7 and 83.8 is deemed safe, because the battery is rated as "84V when fully charged"); it was the controller board voltmeter that failed.

So I had to ask my retailer to get remote calibration from Inmotion. It somewhat solved the problem for a few weeks, then the fully charged reported voltage kept going way above 84V, so I had to replace the controller board.

After disconneting the power adapter, the voltage slightly floats and cleared the error in a couple minutes. Yet the internal voltmeter keeps degrading. Since it reports a higher voltage than real, you may damage your battery if you keep riding. In the worst day I had about ~5V difference (reported 86.8, actually measured 81.8V), so I did my best to not to ride below "73V" level (as 73-5=68V, and 68V is deemed "0% battery charge" on the V10/V10F).

• Like 1