Lynx keeps tripping circuit breakers while balancing

Posted (edited)

Hello, I just picked up a Lynx a few days ago. It seems like an amazing wheel already and I'm excited to put lots of miles on it.

The past few times I have tried to charge the wheel, my circuit breaker keeps tripping when the wheel is balancing around 100%.

I assume this is due to the high voltage of the wheel drawing a lot of power from the outlet.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is this normal for high voltage EUC? This never happened with my 134V EX30. Is there anything I can do to avoid this from happening?

In the meantime, I am going to experiment charging on different outlets throughout my apartment, and maybe with less devices plugged in.

Edited by bird

Posted (edited)

It's just a regular circuit breaker box like every other one I've seen, not sure how to tell if it's an arc detection breaker. It's also a new apartment building, so it shouldn't be due to crappy old wiring or something.

The last couple of times this happened, I noticed the charger would go from:

1. Fan on, red light

2. Wait 1 second

3. Fan off, green light

4. Wait 1 second

And repeat this cycle until the circuit breaker triggered. The timing of the switch from red to green and back was very consistent -- always one second on, then one second off. This is not like the random green/red flickering you see when a battery is close to 100%. Maybe this helps point to some root cause?

I'm pretty perplexed but will keep the thread updated if I find anything else out.

Since I posted this thread, I reset the breaker and put the charger back on, and this behavior hasn't happened again.

Edited by bird

16 minutes ago, bird said:

It's just a regular circuit breaker box like every other one I've seen, not sure how to tell if it's an arc detection breaker. It's also a new apartment building, so it shouldn't be due to crappy old wiring or something.

Here is an intro video:

Additionally, what is the model number of the breaker?

• Thanks 1