3D Printed S16 Lift Switch Activator?

Posted (edited)

I'm planning to use microbalance mode for mass transport for my wheel to prevent it from unintended free spins, but S16 only has a touch activated lift sensor which you can't activate and keep it on unless you have hand in there at all times.

This switch can be tricked by touch activating materials that can be found back of some pens, and even with the surface of some fridge magnets. But there's no magnetism over there so they can't be attached by themselves. 

As a solution, I'm thinking about a mechanical 3D printed latch mechanism with a touch activated surface sticked to the tip, attach it under the plate which has a lot of recess points to securely keep it there.

But I don't have any knowledge of parametric design. 

Maybe someone can come up with a solution.

So I'm writing it here.

I also wrote KingSong to activate microbalancing mode by double or triple press of a power button. I think it can be done, as functionality has already been embedded into the firmware, but I think our chances are thin. What a feat it would be in the name of safety...  

Edited by WoID

23 minutes ago, ffontana said:

Double press is already working on S19. I hope it would be deployed to S16 and s22 also.

You mean double press for microbalance or double press for lift switch? You can select it from app, but it overrides sensor functions and renders the sensor unresponsive.

I also discovered that microbalance can not be activated on S16 Pro. Selection on app does not change the lift switch behaviour.

On 5/8/2024 at 8:14 PM, WoID said:

You mean double press for microbalance or double press for lift switch? You can select it from app, but it overrides sensor functions and renders the sensor unresponsive.

I also discovered that microbalance can not be activated on S16 Pro. Selection on app does not change the lift switch behaviour.

Double press for lift switch. Microbalance is just a behaviour mode when lift switch activated, no matter if it's a sensor switch or mechanical switch. 

Microbalance option is in the app long ago, since s18 times, and before any sensor switch did exist. 

I did only noticed when this mode activated, that the process of balance is slower and softer when motor engages.