Need help on first wheel, Inmotion v8f discontinued?

Talvic

I been looking to buy the inmotion v8f or v8s for my first wheel, but every site I go to in Canada has the v8f on clearance sale and v8s is no where to be seen/out of stock.

Is there a reason that these two wheels are heavily discounted in clearance (v8f) or absolutely impossible to find for a fair price or in stock (v8s)? Are they discounted? 

I saw that the v8s has a new 2023 version without side lights sold only in the USA and not Canada. I yet to find a Canadian site that has them available for purchase. 

• Like 1

As you noticed, the "2023 V8S" doesn't have the side LEDs, and changed the shell to a matte finish. Someone posted that they switched to a different cell brand in the battery pack, but I haven't read anything that confirms this. Inmotion lists the "2023 V8S" for $699 (USA), with dealers selling it for $639 to $649. EUCO lowered the price on V8F with side LEDs to $799, V8S is sold out.  eWheels has V8F with side LEDs for $999,  V8S with side LEDs for $1199.

Yeah I saw the new 2023 has no side LED, but all those dealers you mentioned are USA. In Canada it’s impossible to find. I might have to buy from Inmotion and go across the boarder and pick one up. 

I wonder what new batteries the v8s 2023 has. 

1 hour ago, Talvic said:

In Canada it’s impossible to find.

eevees has V8F (with side LEDs) for $899 US, about $1229 Canadian. I don't know if there is a discount code. You get a free t-shirt or hat if you use the code MONOCAT.KATE . If you can buy from EUCO, it's $799 US, about $1092 Canadian, use the code V8COVER for a free cover (recommended for a new rider) and code EUCOWRIST for free wrist guards.