LYNX "motor centering" issue/ Fixing Crooked Mudgaurd

WILSONEUC

For context, I own the Patton, Sherman-S and LYNX.  

Both the Sherman-S and Patton all have tire swaps (SS has MPS2 and Patton the 241). 
Lynx also has the 241 Installed.

What I am seeing here on my end, if your standing on the wheel , the LYNX 241 tire appears to be closer to the left side of the shell .
Looking at the EUC from the front, tire appears closer to one side .

I have taken apart the wheel 3 times trying to "correct" this, and same observation each time. Ive tried centering the tire, and the tire looks center based on the bead lines. 

Also, for the life of me, I can not see how the mudguard appear crooked from the front,  (tilted slightly to the left). I can not seem to find a way to fix this , or how this happened .

I do not have any tire./motor alignment issues on the Sherman-S and Patton.  

Ive asked this a few times but maybe now with more LYNX's in the wild, people with more "know how" will have the answer.

Also, note to others, be careful taking the mudguard off, there are nuts that hold the long screws to the bridge (left side) within the mudguard and held in by silicone. You may have to take apart the opposite side (right) if the silicone break.  (which is a pain in the ass!)

Edited by WILSONEUC

Some people had the same issue with Sherman S's after removing the tire and replacing it. Sherman S and the Lynx share quite a lot of similarities between their builds, so might as well give this a go. Also as it happens this method allegedly pulls it to the right side.

I'll put another video down below it where you can see the issue more clearly and it's kinda explained in more detail. Hope this helps.

It should be timestamped in the correct spot. If not, skip to 13:12

• Upvote 2