Thinking about painting my V11Y.

Let’s be honest, the Halloween look is kind of ugly for most people. I was thinking of changing the orange color to something else but not sure what color.

Any ideas? Could get really creative and use some sort of silver mirror paint. 

If you’re curious how I would go about the process, I would probably just use some painters tape. Or just remove the parts entirely, and use tape still.

I don't know the composition of the paint used but on the plastic shell you can try to remove the color before applying the new one. This should not attack the shell but only dissolve the thickness of the orange with a nail polish remover like for women's nails. Then the hull will be matte black. Then the red of the other inmotion is good and bright.

1 minute ago, varamontelo said:

I don't know the composition of the paint used but on the plastic shell you can try to remove the color before applying the new one. This should not attack the shell but only dissolve the thickness of the orange with a nail polish remover like for women's nails. Then the hull will be matte black. Then the red of the other inmotion is good and bright.

Paint sticks pretty well to polymers and rubbers. I could spot test it and try nail polish. That sounds like more work though. Taping then applying nail polish, then painting. Where as just taping, then painting.

Anyways, red does sound kind of cool maybe a dark red like maroon or something.

Nail polish remover is acetone. It dissolves many plastics. Don't use it on....

• PVDF
  • Polycarbonate
  • Polysulfone
  • Cast Acrylic
  • PVC
  • CPVC

Why don't you just remove the parts and spray paint them with a can. Marty does this and made some videos.

Edited by DavidB

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

It's more like a Fiat wheel, but isn't the stripes a decal? Heat gun and remove them?

I had no idea that would make life certainly a lot easier

I guess you can call it that….. Ferrari wheel still sounds better lol

Edited by David 1200
  • Haha 1

On 3/16/2024 at 11:46 AM, David 1200 said:

I had no idea that would make life certainly a lot easier

I guess you can call it that….. Ferrari wheel still sounds better lol

I have painted all my wheels. I painted the 16x to cover up the scratches from me learning. Then I painted my v12 and I already got the metal paint for my incoming Cpro. I don't like Red for the crash bars and trolley handle and I am not paying $200 for different color metal accessories when spray paint is like $10...

Have you considered the option of vinyl wrapping? Its relatively easy to work with provided you have a heat gun and maybe a helper. The only thing is it doesn't adhere that well to textured surfaces.

• Like 1