LYNX - Shinko 241 or Shinko 244

Which tire would be the better option for the LYNX?   

13 members have voted

1. 1. Which tire would be the better option for the LYNX?

• Shinko 244
    • Shinko 241

I do not have a Lynx. However, I believe the Lynx has a similar use case to the Master as a good wheel for a wide variety of applications. I do a lot of hard carving when I am on the street, and I absolutely love the 244 on my Master.  It doesn't terrain track as much as the street tires I have used in the past.

I have not taken it off road yet, so I can't say exactly how well it will perform.  

Edited by noonewantstobepeterchris

• 2 weeks later...

I installed a 244 tubeless. it was necessary to shave 1mm on each side to avoid friction. The lynx is really more maneuverable, easier to carve, more stable, and much less slippery on wet terrain. I will never return to the kenda!

• Thanks 2

On 3/6/2024 at 12:36 AM, peytole said:

I installed a 244 tubeless. it was necessary to shave 1mm on each side to avoid friction. The lynx is really more maneuverable, easier to carve, more stable, and much less slippery on wet terrain. I will never return to the kenda!

Sr244 only comes in tube version ..where did you got the tubless one?

• Like 1

Seems mixed experiences with the 244, some people had rubbing while some say they didn't have any rubbing at all. 🤔

On 3/18/2024 at 8:44 AM, Rawnei said:

Seems mixed experiences with the 244, some people had rubbing while some say they didn't have any rubbing at all. 🤔

Every shinko tire has its traits, there are no two exact shinko tire.

Sometimes misaligned knobs, and mostly manufacturing discrepancies sadly, at least the ones I purchased at Revzilla

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 3/18/2024 at 8:44 AM, Rawnei said:

Yea, which is a bloody shame because the 244 is a great tire. The way the tire behaves would be a good match for the LYNX.  I may try the 244 again at some point after shaving it. 241 feels to nimble for my tastes at higher speed, but with all things will just need more practice. (AND unfortunately it takes me few hundred miles to get comfortable with a wheel and tire  lol. Ill report back in the summer)

42 minutes ago, WILSONEUC said:

Yea, which is a bloody shame because the 244 is a great tire. The way the tire behaves would be a good match for the LYNX.  I may try the 244 again at some point after shaving it. 241 feels to nimble for my tastes at higher speed, but with all things will just need more practice. (AND unfortunately it takes me few hundred miles to get comfortable with a wheel and tire  lol. Ill report back in the summer)

You should give it another shot with more patience and try to analyze where it's rubbing etc, should be fixable since some people seem to mount it with any rubbing at all!

On 17/03/2024 at 09:09, Omidel said:

Le Sr244 n'est disponible qu'en version tube. Où avez-vous acheté la version tubeless ?

there is no tubeless version. I simply installed tubeless, because I noticed that it had exactly the same structure and finishes as other tubeless tires from the same brand. Shinko doesn't give much information. This tire is very rigid and resistant, and the Lynx rim is designed for tubeless, you simply have to enlarge the hole for the valve. The tire fits perfectly, already 1000kms tested in difficult conditions. No problem if inflated correctly. A friend has the same tire in a larger size, mounted tubeless on a dirtbike.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, peytole said:

there is no tubeless version. I simply installed tubeless, because I noticed that it had exactly the same structure and finishes as other tubeless tires from the same brand. Shinko doesn't give much information. This tire is very rigid and resistant, and the Lynx rim is designed for tubeless, you simply have to enlarge the hole for the valve. The tire fits perfectly, already 1000kms tested in difficult conditions. No problem if inflated correctly. A friend has the same tire in a larger size, mounted tubeless on a dirtbike.

Any problems mounting it tubeless? I've been hearing stories of how difficult it is to get the tires to seat tubelessly. I've done motorcycle tires and seated them fine with tire change lubricant and a small electric tire pump. But those are 17inch wheels, not 14 like our euc's. 

It was a motocross workshop that installed the tire. They used a high pressure cannon that shoots out a lot of air. The tire slams and settles on the rim beads.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...