Ninebot OneE available free, Cambridge UK

I have an elderly Ninebot OneE. It belonged to a friend who never rode it. I and another friend rode it occasionally over the years, and enjoyed it, but I'm far from knowledgeable or expert.

20180328_125203-unicycle-768x1365.jpg

In the end I was given it last autumn, and did a couple of short rides.  Yesterday, however, though fully charged, it stopped suddenly, pitching me onto my face on the tarmac.  On browsing this forum, I discover this isn't unknown, and I see pictures of injuries similar to mine!  But I got off fairly lightly. Whatever you do, don't EVER ride one of these without a helmet!  And I wouldn't ride one now without kneepads and wrist pads as well.

Anyway, I think it's unlikely that I'll be getting back on it again, but it may be easy to fix.  Perhaps new batteries? It doesn't report any errors, is still fully charged and suggesting a reasonable range.  Also, though rather old, and a little battered, it reports a total distance of only 350km.

I'm reluctant to just throw it away, but I also don't want to sell it to somebody who might suffer the same fate as I did!

And so I'm willing to give it to anybody who would like it, as long as they understand the risks and the reasons why I'm doing so!  If you're willing to take that risk, and can either pick it up from Cambridge or are willing to pay for the shipping, please let me know!

Quentin

• Like 1

I have the very same wheel and was told by the last owner that it through him off a couple of times.

Got it at a very good deal and use it as a learning wheel for the grandkids, they can crash it all day long and no one cares.

as soon as they can ride it I get them on the 16x for safety reasons.

I don’t think the early ninebot one e are safe for anyone over 80 pounds,

I think top speed is only 20 miles an hour so you’re safety cushion is gone the alarm you can not hear and goes over instantly

my two cents Ron

• Like 1