Motorcycle carrier for Begode A2

OldSolo

Per the thread title: I want to design & fabricate a holder/carrier for my A2 that will allow me to take the wheel to places to ride.  I have a couple of thoughts, but wondered if anyone had considered or even built something like this.  I can ride the roads in my neighborhood, but it is very hilly (not a great place for learning) and leaving the neighborhood would put me on a fairly narrow 2 lane road, 45 mph speed limit, no bike lane, etc.  Part of my thinking is that I'd like to ride downtown where people are on scooters & such - I had never seen an EUC in person until I opened my package 3 weeks ago.  Get some exposure, let people ask questions, etc.  Maybe I would even run into another EUC.

So carrying it on my motorcycle seems reasonable.  I have a rear carrier that provides a 'backstop', and I have side rails to provide attachment points.  I could literally put it back in its shipping box I strap it down, but prefer a more elegant solution.

Any and all input (including humorous attacks on my foolishness!) will be appreciated.  BTW: my bike is a Yamaha FJ09, also known as the MT09 in other countries.  It is an upright sport-tourer, <500#, >100rwhp.  I was once stupid enough to carry a 5 gallon container of paint from Lowes in the rear carrier which was rather exciting when it sloshed side-to-side.  A 41# wheel is nothing.

I will post anything I try and hope to have some dialogue from you creative types!

12 hours ago, Hsiang said:

Here's how I carried 3 EUC on my bike

LOL I love it! This is one of the things I love most about EUC's over electric scooters. They are so portable! I had to get my registration for my car updated the other day. I would not normally have taken my scooter because it's a pain to load / unload, but since I have an EUC now, I just tossed it behind my seat, and that gave me the freedom to run errands and grab some lunch while they worked on my car. That was the best experience I've ever had getting my registration updated.

OP, however you decide to transport your new EUC, I highly recommend using a parking structure to learn to ride if you can find one. They are hands-down the best place to learn due to the flat smooth as glass surface, and walls everywhere to hold onto. It means less scratches on your EUC (and you), and lots of room to work with.

Edited by skunkmonkey

I am looking at an upright orientation, as I have a large top 'box' behind the passenger seat.  The A2 is too wide to lay down without poking me in the back.  What I am playing with is a step to place the pedal mount on top of, with the tire dropping down.  This won't have a 'step' on both sides like a stand would have, I don't want to lift the additional 4" to clear the tire.  I haven't done more than just play with a bit of cardboard, having been figuring out HOW to change the tire.  That requires a bit of disassembly, and points out that the waterproofing seems good, BUT it cannot survive a tire change.  The cable from the wheel goes through a grommet molded into the seal around the control board box.  I sprayed silicone & tried to PATIENTLY extract the cables, but finally cut the base of the grommet.  I'll post more on the A2 thread about this.

Thanks for the parking gargage - I watched the video with the girl being taught & that really does look like a good approach.  Actually just having another person would help!  But I have progressed and am riding okay without holding on except to mount.  In fact I just now did a 180 turn in the driveway for the first time, the Pirelli Angel street tire makes it a lot easier.  I have a LONG way to go, but it is not only HARDER to learn than I expected, but even more exhilarating than I expected - meaning even 10 mph on pavement is cool!  My goal is an Extreme or V14 once I get this figured out a bit more.  Thus far I only have one small tear in the foam pad from a tumble, and some scratches on the pedal and a decent scrape on the headlight. 

This actually reminds me of 30 yrs ago when I had just been riding mountain bikes for a few months, started racing, and was already hooked & pondering better equipment.  I was in my mid-30s then and had just been told I had to stop running, playing basketball/volleyball/anything with sharp side-to-side movements after reinjuring my knee (ACL reconstruction & meniscus tear 5 yrs before), severely tearing the meniscus in a basketball game.  I was depressed until I got into the MTB riding/racing.  Now 3 yrs post ankle-fusion I cannot ride a bicycle ... stumbling across a video with an EUC (I had actually come across a one-wheel which looked so cool UNTIL I watched someone try to ride over a 2" obstacle on a trail, and saw the limitation.  But another video showed a bunch of people in a city with one-wheels ... and then I saw an EUC.  WHAT IS THAT THING???  10 minutes later I was trying to figure out which EUC to buy!

• Like 2