Utah Valley

skunkmonkey

@skunkmonkey Ya that is a great idea! I am getting my girlfriend into EUC's steadily, so if you give me a couple weeks I can probably bring our number to at least 3! I will hit you up if I am just doing a fun ride one of these saturday mornings too. Most Saturdays I have a class for my masters program from 9-12, but the next couple weeks I actually have off so I might be able to head down next week or the week after. Will keep you posted.

Thanks! This weekend may not work out, since I kinda crashed my wheel yesterday 😅 I was riding home from work, after the rain had stopped, but made the mistake of going through a small puddle at speed while I was trying to get across an intersection. Next thing I knew I was flat on my back. Had a helmet and wrist guards, but was going 15-20 and wasn't wearing my motorcycle jacket. My back is pretty badly bruised and I have abrasions on my lower back and elbows.

That wouldn't stop me really, except the wheel went flying and part of the casing got pretty damaged, though the internals seem fine. I will need to get the outer and inner panel on the A side replaced before I can ride again.

I'm still trying to figure out how I lost reaction so badly, there wasn't a moment of instability or anything like that, I think I was breaking and suddenly lost reaction. The wheel went probably 25-30 feet ahead of where I landed, and the wind was knocked totally out of me for about 10 seconds (though it felt like 10 minutes]. Fortunately I was literally across the street from my home, so I just picked up the wheel and the lost pieces and limped back. After work today I will probably swing by where it happened and see if I can figure out what happened.

• Sad 1

Ouch I'm sorry to hear about your crash. I hope you (and your EUC) recover well. Were there leaves or manhole covers on the road? Those can both be super slippery in rain. Crosswalk paint can also be a little slick at times. I'd blame oil on the road, but that usually is only a problem after receiving rain when it hasn't rained in a while.

There's no rush. Take all the time you want to recover. We can figure something out another time.