A few questions about Extreme Bull Commander

Robse

I have received a good offer for an Extreme Bull Commander,
(about half price, "new" and only done 300 km ) and there are a few things
I would like to know:

I hope that a few or more experienced users can contribute with some info:

1: Does the headlight work like on an RS19, where there is a "low light" when
you stand still, and this then increases to full blast when you start moving?

2: Can you control all wheel parameters from EUC world, or do you have to use the Begode app?

3: What type of engine is it (HS C30 version) is it Hollow bore or standard axel?

4: How much trouble is it to change tires? Compared to an RS19 where it is relatively easy.

5: As far as I can see, the charge port is the same as on an RS19 (latest version),
and therefore you must also be able to use the same charger - can anyone confirm this?

And now before everyone starts talking about no suspension and blah blah ;):
That's exactly the point: I don't need suspension, the wheel will mainly be used for
long trips on well-paved roads and cycle paths, and the only thing I need on my RS19
is more range - which i think you get with a wheel with a 3600 Wh battery versus the
1800 I have now.  In addition, it suits me well that the Commander weighs "only" 36 kg,
and not nearly 50 kg as many wheels with a similar range do today... due to suspension.

Are there any other quirks which you should know before investing in this particular wheel?

Thank U :cheers:

As an owner of EBC, I can provide some answers.

Headlight:

It's only full on, strobe, or off. Not sure about whether it's full blast, as it's not a strong light to begin with.

Eucworld:

For the most part that I've tried. But tiltback speed can only be set via begode app. I couldn't find it on eucworld.

Motor:

they come in either C30, high speed or C38, high torque. I myself have C38. It's not a hollow motor.

Tire Change:

Haven't done tire change on my EBC yet, but seeing videos, etc. Doesn't look too different from RS19.

Charger:

not sure on RS19 charger, but the EBC ones are 5pin male type with all black plastic (not sure if all pins are actually used)

Quirks:

It's known for overheating problem. There are some cooling mods you can look up.

If you have a 3d printer, there are some nice functional protection bumpers you can print.

Funny that you mentioned RS19. I'm actually looking to see if RS19 would be a better fit for me. I hardly use all the battery on my EBC and having something smaller and lighter for day-to-day use might be better for me (trolleying in the office building, going to stores, etc.)

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, moarmoto said:

As an owner of EBC, I can provide some answers.

Headlight:

It's only full on, strobe, or off. Not sure about whether it's full blast, as it's not a strong light to begin with.

Eucworld:

For the most part that I've tried. But tiltback speed can only be set via begode app. I couldn't find it on eucworld.

Motor:

they come in either C30, high speed or C38, high torque. I myself have C38. It's not a hollow motor.

Tire Change:

Haven't done tire change on my EBC yet, but seeing videos, etc. Doesn't look too different from RS19.

Charger:

not sure on RS19 charger, but the EBC ones are 5pin male type with all black plastic (not sure if all pins are actually used)

Quirks:

It's known for overheating problem. There are some cooling mods you can look up.

If you have a 3d printer, there are some nice functional protection bumpers you can print.

Funny that you mentioned RS19. I'm actually looking to see if RS19 would be a better fit for me. I hardly use all the battery on my EBC and having something smaller and lighter for day-to-day use might be better for me (trolleying in the office building, going to stores, etc.)

Thank you very much for your good information :)   The RS19 is a good wheel. Many have frowned upon it, but it's simple design, easy to work on, and above all an excellent riding experience, soft and smooth. It doesn't have quite as high a top speed as the EBC, but it's really nice to cruise at between 25 - 35 mph. The only thing you need to be aware of is that the C30 motor is very thirsty.  So if you're riding "sporty" at 35 mph, you won't get much more than 25 miles before you're down to 55% battery - which means you need to think seriously about what you're doing from there.   It is also not waterproof, but apart from this, a pretty good wheel - if you can find one - unfortunately they are no longer made.:cheers: