V12 HT Mileage thread

2disbetter

Fellow V12 HT riders, I'm curious what your current mileage is and what issues, if any, you have had during the making of that mileage? 

My wheel is basically new again, and has less than 100km on it. 

My previous V12 HT that failed and I broke my shoulder with, has 267 km on it. 

21 hours ago, mlau said:

220km (2 weeks) until the first crash; since then 500km on the new driver board.

Seriously your board died in the same time frame as mine? I hope you weren't hurt when it happened. 

This is not reassuring. I was hoping to have started this thread, and then hear a bunch of people have lots of mileage on theirs. 

I am mainly riding the V13, because I just can't trust me V12 HT. I mean I thought my broken driver board was just a fluke. But it seems like this is not the case. 

Edited by 2disbetter

2 hours ago, 2disbetter said:

Seriously your board died in the same time frame as mine? I hope you weren't hurt when it happened. 

This is not reassuring. I was hoping to have started this thread, and then hear a bunch of people have lots of mileage on theirs. 

I am mainly riding the V13, because I just can't trust me V12 HT. I mean I thought my broken driver board was just a fluke. But it seems like this is not the case. 

Since the repair (new motor, driverboard and batterypack) it has been completely trouble-free. I do get a bit worried once charge hits 66%, so I try to keep it charged up all the time.
It's still my go-to wheel for places where the V13 is too big/inconvenient to store and the V8's range/speed is not enough.

17 hours ago, mlau said:

Since the repair (new motor, driverboard and batterypack) it has been completely trouble-free. I do get a bit worried once charge hits 66%, so I try to keep it charged up all the time.

Why does the battery being below 66% cause your worry? This is a standard V12 or the HT variant? 

I just don't like that the driver board on my first HT just died without any warning. 

13 minutes ago, 2disbetter said:

Does the V12 do cell balancing? That is a serious issue that can degrade batteries rapidly. 

I know that the V13 does. It kind of blows my mind that not all EUCs do it. I mean is this planed failure to spur more sales? 

I believe it does. My AC watt meter seems to say yes. And I can get my packs with off balanced voltages back to the same voltages according to the Inmotion app.

And when the wheel set off various warning messages of needing to replaced the battery packs, and won't go away on it own with standard charging, I can get rid of such messages so far with deeper cell balancing.