s22 Tiltback when powered on

TheNoob91

I currently have a used batch 1 s22. It was received in good working condition with about 400 miles on it. It was in a wreck once where only the front handle got bashed up, but otherwise has been fine. I put 500 miles on it myself with no issues for that duration. I have not wrecked it once, nor have I done any type of riding that would be damaging to the wheel. I do attempt some small sidewalk jumps here and there, but it's all within reason. Not too long ago I did a ride for a couple hours where I pushed myself to hit more technical routes than usual, but again I'm not hitting canyons or anything like shibby. Just mostly some uneven sidewalk tiles. Near the end of the session I turned the wheel off for a break. I turned it back on with no problems and headed home taking only flat roads and easy terrain. When I get home I decide to run to the store before I finish riding for the day. I turn the s22 off and run inside for a second. When I turn it on after coming back out, the wheel initiates balancing, but immediately starts to tiltback to a 45 degree angle.

As far as troubleshooting, here's what I've looked at so far.

I use EUC world and stats show everything to be good, normal, or valid. I decided to see if the kingsong app was any different, and it did report that there's a 5011 temp sensor error on the left pack. I'm not sure why because both packs still report temperature just fine, but I have this feeling that the original seller disclosed this error and that it wasn't causing any problems for them. Unsurprisingly I can't get any reply from them to determine if my suspicion is correct. I saw a post about the same error on here. OP said that the distributor he contacted saw this issue and was able to resolve it the same way each time. The issue was a wire for the temp sensor on the pack would be disconnected. When I looked for myself, there was no disconnected wires. Makes sense considering I still see all temperature readings. So far I not only tried contacting the seller, but I tried contacting Ewheels (which I believe is who the seller bought from) to which they told me they have too many s22 issues to consider working on mine right now. Lastly I made a post on reddit with little help, and at this point I'm out of ideas. Any help to resolve this would be great.

You can try the BMS reset procedure on the problematic pack, sketchy as it is, even though it's usually another error people are trying to fix. Maybe your seller did this and it bought them some time to unload it on the next guy. I'd also try swapping the packs from left to right to verify the error also moves to the right side. Assuming it does and the problem doesn't go away and you can't find anything obvious to fix you'll probably need to replace the whole pack, maybe EWheels will give you a decent price for that.

Edited by chanman
  • Like 1