My V11's fan won't turn off

The fan keeps spinning and turning it through the app doesn't work. It stays on even when the wheel is off. I had 3 devices plugged into it through a usb hub to charge them: a tablet, a speaker and flash light. I left it alone for half an hour or so came back and it was off and stop charging the devices. I disconnected everything, turned it on but the battery indicator lights wouldn't turn on only the fan was blowing but the spin kill button wouldn't work. I managed to turn it off and back on again the battery indicator lights up but the fan won't stop blowing. The spin kill button is working now and I regained control over the lights but I still can't shut off the fan. It only turns off via the stand by timer.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

(incoming unhelpful comment) You had 3 devices plugged into your wheel?

Did you try the 60 second power button  hold down to reset the wheel? Also the inmotion app. has a diagnostic.

I wanted to discharge the wheel so that the battery would not degrade.

Holding the power button for 60 seconds did nothing and in app diagnosis is not detecting any errors. Clearing the cache didn't fix the problem and neither did restoring it to factory defaults through the app. The fan will only stop 30 seconds after shutting off the wheel. Turning it back on will cause the fan to spin again but switching "Forced air cooling" and "Cooling Fan Silent mode" does nothing. The fan is out of control.

• 1 month later...

Update the motherboard needed to be replaced, they sent me a new wheel.

On 4/16/2023 at 9:32 PM, alcatraz said:

Relax. A couple of days or even a few weeks won't matter. When storing LiIon we're talking months or years. Then 50% is the better charge level.

Just focus on fixing the tube. Maybe try slime and so you won't need to take it apart. It works best with slow leaks.

Had I listened to this guy I might not have desperately tried to discharge the wheel by charging 3 other devices with the fan and light on. From now on I just won't use it to charge devices. I no longer trust that function. Good thing I had a second wheel. Well now I have 2 charge plugs so now I can charge twice as fast lol.