Kingsong S22 ghost tiltback

tk463

Hello,

I have a weird issue with my S22 not raising pedals randomly and I can't find the root cause. I know only two other similar cases and can't find a way to solve it.

To give more context, it feels like a tiltback at speed that shouldn't trigger tiltback (ex: 30 kph, when tiltback is set to 70) and can also be triggered doing a u-turn. It stays after calibrating multiple times and starts raising pedals after 50 meters or so. Needless to say it doesn't inspire confidence in the wheel.

I got a new controller board from my reseller but it didn't solve the problem. Calibrating to a perfect 0.0 on the pedals puts the wheel around 0.5 when starting it up.

I like to ride at -2 to compensate for the back heaviness of the S22, so this "ghost tiltback" feels extra bothersome for me.

I've noticed that I can make it go away somewhat by playing with angle adjust and calibration. Yesterday it went away with a fresh calibration and angle adjust to -4.

I recorded a bunch of sensor data yesterday from a phone glued to the left side of the wheel right on top of the pedal with this app https://apps.apple.com/us/app/sensor-logger/id1531582925

IMG_0333.thumb.jpg.45c56b9a26316541fdecfed40130b25d.jpg

I'm attaching the data to this post because I can't parse it by myself. It's a few runs post calibration with different angle adjust values (see file name) extracted from the app in CSV.

Could anyone help ? I have 3 more runs but I'm hitting the post upload limit.

cal_-1-2023-02-18_14-08-24.zip cal_-3-2023-02-18_14-11-33.zip cal_-4-2023-02-18_14-12-32.zip

sounds similar to what's happened to me a couple of times. I'll get tiltback when I'm not going that fast (only times I've actually gotten tiltback). I step off of the wheel and it keeps tilting. I trolley it, and it kind of slowly reverses its tilt depending on what direction I'm taking it. not low battery or anything. over 50-60%.

problem is that it can try to get away from me when it's doing that. I've scuffed up my floor bringing it in. I turn it off, wait a bit, turn it back on and it's fine. nothing unusual in EUC world or anything. can't find the common link between the two events.

I am fairly certain that I am also experiencing this issue. I honestly notice it the most at the beginning of my ride and it seems to subside the further I progress. I am very new to EUCs as my S22 is my first wheel I have ever stepped on and I am at 80 total miles (purchased in November of 2022). Like you all the tilt back is occurring at low speeds with my tilt back set at like 41 mph. 

• Like 1