V13 noob impression and my EUC journey

2disbetter

11 hours ago, Hellkitten said:

Yeah that’s exactly how I felt in the V13. It’s super stable and tempts you into higher speeds. Lol. I wish it was more agile in tight cornering and in tight spaces, but that would be asking for the laws of physics to change. I really like the V12 too, but it’s prone to wobbles at higher speeds and I miss the suspension. Some of the potential new wheels might hit the sweet spot for speed and agility for tight urban riding. 

Yep! But watching folks like Chooch on YT bombing around on his HT gives me hope that moving fast on the V12 HT is possible, I just have to work on it. It is just so much easier on the V13. I mean you just lean and zoom! 

Another thing I can say, is that the stock pads that Inmotion includes with the V13 are REALLY good. I have some Grizzla Flow pads just waiting to go on but I haven't found a reason to stop using the stock pads just yet. 

Edited by 2disbetter
  • Like 1

So I thought about making another thread for this, but I wanted to ask specifically what the pedal softness setting is on the V13? If you have it set to 100% under the current firmware are they soft? (I think so because I couldn't seem to go faster than 50 km/h) like that. 

The other question I have is about pedal assist (acceleration and braking): what exactly does it do if enabled? To me it seemed to limit speeds. 

I rode a V13 for a week. From what I could gather the pedal softness setting is like the split mode on the V11-V12. I ended up liking about 75% on the V13. The pedals dip forward and backward depending on the setting %. Unfortunately that makes the headlight hit the ground while accelerating and blinding drivers when breaking. I didn’t try the pedal assist it came on and I left it as is. I assumed I wanted it on! 🤣

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, Hellkitten said:

I rode a V13 for a week. From what I could gather the pedal softness setting is like the split mode on the V11-V12. I ended up liking about 75% on the V13. The pedals dip forward and backward depending on the setting %. Unfortunately that makes the headlight hit the ground while accelerating and blinding drivers when breaking. I didn’t try the pedal assist it came on and I left it as is. I assumed I wanted it on! 🤣

Ok, but people were complaining that the setting was backwards. That for hardness you needed to set the softness to 100%. I was wondering if this was something that was updated in the settings? 

IE: If I want hard pedals, do I need to set it to 100% still? 

Edit: Sorry found the answer in the useful tips thread for the V13. For any wondering the same thing as me, you need to set pedal softness to 100% and then turn power assit, but set acceleration and braking to 0%. 

Edited by 2disbetter
  • Like 2

I have since turned power assist off completely, but have pedal softness to 100%. The wheel accelerates as I would expect. Much faster than the V12 HT. I'm not sure having power assist on but set to 0% is necessary. For me the wheel felt slower this way. 

Some of my additional noob observations are that the V12 HT is stable if you accelerate with your dominant foot arched so that your heel is off the pedal, while your other foot remains flat. When I accelerate like this the wheel is stable and I don't experience wobble. However, it is easy to get wobble if you change your feets' position. 

On the V13, I've noticed that as long as your leg is touching the power pads, you are stable as a rock. You really can travel at speed with very little worry. It is shocking how much more stable the V13 is compared to the V12. 

Edited by 2disbetter
  • Like 1

A little update: After learning to raise my heel on my dominate foot, I am able to accelerate to the HT's max. 

I am finding that to get the V13 beyond 50-60 km/h you REALLY have to lean forward. 

Also got a pair Alpinestars shoes. That made a big difference as well. Having a stiffer sole really helps to keep weight on the pedals. That really helps with the wobbles as well. 

I am at around 300 miles of total mileage between the two wheels. 

I honestly can't seem to ever get enough time riding the things. 

Edited by 2disbetter
  • Like 2

• 2disbetter changed the title to V13 noob impression and my EUC journey