Inmotion V12 HT dead on arrival

2disbetter

I received the Inmotion V12 HT yesterday. I bought it through Amazon.de. I plugged it in and activated it, turned off the speed limit control, and let it charge. The battery was initially at 49%. I left the wheel alone because I knew it would need to charge for a while. I came back in an hour and noticed that the LED on the charger was no longer on. I looked at the wheel and it was at 53%. However, no matter what I do I cannot get the wheel to charge anymore. 

I haven't even tried riding it yet... 

So I've filed for a refund and they are picking it up on Monday. 

Maybe I'll just go straight for the Sherman S after all. 

I noticed that Voltride had a pre-order up but I guess they have already hit capacity there because I can't seem to purchase it via the pre-order. 

Maybe not smart to make that my first wheel, but I've skateboarded and ridden bikes my whole life. I feel I'm quite good at balancing, etc. I think I'll do just fine. Heck today, if it isn't raining I'm going to at least give that Inmotion a try with the battery it does have. 

Reading the pinned charging thread here it seems like one of my battery packs might be dead. Because I got this from Amazon and because their returns and refunds policy is so good, instead of dealing with the hassel of trying to fix it, I'm just going to send it back. 

However, if someone here knows a quick thing I can do to get it working, I would be very appreciative. I so much want this wheel to work. 

• Like 1

After you have turned it on, is there a black exclamation mark inside a small triangle on the screen on the wheel?

If yes, press your finger on the triangle on the touch screen to pop up an error message.

Also, connect the Inmotion app and run the self-diagnostic test. What did it find?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, techyiam said:

After you have turned it on, is there a black exclamation mark inside a small triangle on the screen on the wheel?

I have turned the wheel on several times since it stopped charging. Each time the wheel acts 100% normal. It balances and performs as it should. During all of these tests the wheel has never displayed an exclamation in a triangle. 

33 minutes ago, techyiam said:

Also, connect the Inmotion app and run the self-diagnostic test.

I have tried to do this, but for some reason the test always fails. Could you maybe explain how one would run this test? The wheel needs to be on, but should it be on its back using the kickstand? How else could you run the test right? 

I will try all of this again when I get home from work today. 

So i got home, and I found the diagnostic function in the app. It told me that everything (all systems) are good on the wheel. 

The charger does not show an LED at all, whether plugged in or not, no led is on. I think the charger is just dead. 

I did whoever get so far as being able to ride the wheel about 10-15 feet at a time. The thing holding me back from going farther? More speed. Need to find an open space I can mess around in. I'm thinking of a parking lot or something that is empty but large. I'm sure I can find something. 

47 minutes ago, 2disbetter said:

The charger does not show an LED at all, whether plugged in or not, no led is on. I think the charger is just dead.

With the charger not connected to the V12, plug in the charger into the wall. If the green LED doesn't come on, the charger is faulty, as you suspected. 

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, techyiam said:

With the charger not connected to the V12, plug in the charger into the wall. If the green LED doesn't come on, the charger is faulty, as you suspected. 

This is the case. I'm relieved but also worried. Seems it is kind of difficult to find a replacement charger. I of course want a replacement for free, as this is a new V12 HT. 

Edited by 2disbetter

• 1 year later...