My electric unicycle taking a long time to turn on when charging

rcgldr

As seen in this video, it took 18 seconds to turn "on" after being connected to charger: the blue lights flash on and off and charger led changed from green to red at 0:07 into the video, and 18 seconds later, 0:25, my EUC turns on. I powers on instantly, and after the delay, it will fully charge | balance at 83.6 volts, the same as when I first got it. I did a 6 mile 30 minute ride yesterday. It's now taking up to 45 seconds to turn on. I sent an email to the dealer, hoping for a response sometime this week. 

Edited by rcgldr

You plug the charger into the wall outlet then the wheel...weird... I do it backwards: Plug charger in the wheel then the charger into the wall outlet. I had a V8F last year, sold it and I got a V8S. Probable won't matter but you could try my way. When did it started taking long?

1 hour ago, Rodo said:

Plug charger in the wheel then the charger into the wall outlet

I recall instructions or advice somewhere to plug in the charger first, then plug the charger into the V8F.

1 hour ago, Rodo said:

When did it started taking long?

I got my V8F back in August 2020 and don't recall it every taking a long time to beep after connection to charger until about a week ago. There haven't been any incidents. I mostly do a short 3 mile 15 minute ride (average speed 12 mph, max speed 15 mph) near my home, doing a short charge before and after a ride to keep battery pack around 76 volts (3.8 volts per cell), when it's stored. About once a month I do a full charge | balance (assuming the V8F has passive balancing), and do a ride at a nearby bicycle trail to get it down to 80%, then later on, 1 or 2 more rides to get the pack back down to 76 volts. 

When this first happened about a week ago, I hadn't ridden my V8F in about 5 days, but the battery pack was still at about 76 volts. I did some tests and the results were random. I let the V8F alone for 30 minutes, then tried a very short charge. The first 4 tests were taking 10 to 15 seconds. I tried again the next day, and the next 5 tests I plugged in the charger for 1 minute before plugging into my V8F and it beeped within 2 seconds, which is what it normally does. However I tried the same pattern on the third day and it was back to taking 10 to 20 seconds. I did a short ride and charge just after the ride and it took it's normal 2 seconds. Since then, it's gotten worse, taking up to 45 seconds now, and in the last 2 days, it hasn't beeped within 2 seconds. I tested again a few minutes ago and this time it took 35 seconds.

Someone at another forum posted his V10F did a similar thing, mostly when it was cold. The room I keep my V8F in is at 72 degrees, and the coldest I've ridden it was 55 degrees. 

I sent an email to EUCO and posted on EUCO's forum support section on Sunday, but haven't received a response yet.

Once my V8F does beep after connecting to charger, it seems to charge at the normal rate, so I assume at 1.5 amps, but it's possible that the problem is with the charger. I've ordered a new charger which should arrive in a few days. I'll see if that makes any difference.

Edited by rcgldr