Brand new V11 won't power up

MrEUCMan

6 hours ago, DragonFZ said:

I have the same issue with my daughter's V11. There is no sign the wheel is on, but can connect to Bluetooth in app. It has gotten to the point it takes 30 minutes to Power On. Right now, can't power it on.

Try pressing the button without gloves. :D

On 9/27/2022 at 6:45 PM, MrEUCMan said:

Try pressing the button without gloves. :D

I've been pressing the button without gloves and even licking my finger... LOL

Contacted the dealer and he said, "The power button needs to be held down to power on the wheel while in the upright position. Simply pressing it once will not power it on. I have seen a few units that need "kickstart" to power on. This means if the wheel has sat for a while, you need to physically roll it while powered off for a few feet, this will wake up the wheel and you'll be able to power it on successfully."

I rolled it around, did the clock pendulum thing and it did power on but it took 5 minutes. 

• 2 weeks later...

Update: the reseller is waiting for response from InMotion for replacement headlight assembly under Warranty. Contacted eWheels, they offered a solution to sell me a replacement headlight assembly and also forwarded my clip to InMotion.

Got tired of waiting for 2 weeks, I went ahead and replace with a used power button board and it works.

In photo, the one on the left is the broken one (V11 purchased 4 months ago). The one on the right is from an old V11 purchased 2 years ago). The old one works. 

20221008_185024.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update after a month and hundreds of power on/off cycles, there has not been a single time the wheel failed to power on without gloves when held upright, no need for kick start, extra long or multiple presses or anything else, also it consistently fails to power on when button is pressed with gloves on. It seems the button has to be pressed  for one second or so, super short press won't turn the wheel on. What may have added to the confusion before is that I have a contact sticker in my gloves (thumb and index finger for using mobile phone but they don't work that well), so maybe that made it possible turn on the wheel with gloves sometimes.

So there definitely is a touch sensor as noted by Inmotion, and replacing headlight assembly with latest generation one does not make the wheel turn on with gloves as confirmed by Voltride service guys. If there's inconsistent behaviour then of course changing parts could be needed, also nice to know that the headlight board can be replaced with an older one to get rid of this somewhat annoying feature.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, jjll said:

Just an update after a month and hundreds of power on/off cycles, there has not been a single time the wheel failed to power on without gloves when held upright, no need for kick start, extra long or multiple presses or anything else, also it consistently fails to power on when button is pressed with gloves on. It seems the button has to be pressed  for one second or so, super short press won't turn the wheel on. What may have added to the confusion before is that I have a contact sticker in my gloves (thumb and index finger for using mobile phone but they don't work that well), so maybe that made it possible turn on the wheel with gloves sometimes.

So there definitely is a touch sensor as noted by Inmotion, and replacing headlight assembly with latest generation one does not make the wheel turn on with gloves as confirmed by Voltride service guys. If there's inconsistent behaviour then of course changing parts could be needed, also nice to know that the headlight board can be replaced with an older one to get rid of this somewhat annoying feature.

Glad you solved your issue and sharing it. Note: in my pic of the old and new Power Button board. The new board has a "lithium button" battery.

• 11 months later...

Same with mine just right now. Based on Diagnose there is no issue. I try all possible position or v11 just to power up but no use. I can connect to bluetooth but cannot powering up. Its just a 1yr old V11 and im dis appointed as i just ride for a 1K km.

• Like 1