New S22 owner! A question about suspension squeaky noise

littlelio

So finally! I got a S22, second hand which has been used for one month ( at least he said so...). Very excited! I have been using V11 for quite long time and now it is completely different!

A quick question - after I searched around and found no specific topic about this... (if yes, please guide me to that post, thank you!)

When I was riding, whiling turning, I put pressure to one side, and I could hear squeaky noise. Or I shaked left-right there was the noise as well. It is said the noise is from the suspension rail. I did some inspection, and believe so. The suspension system needs to move up and down, maybe it is the noise source. Speak of such noise, it is like an old car riding through bumpy road - the suspension noise, yes...

So my question: if this is how it works, is there anyway to improve/remove the noise? For example put some lub/oil to smooth the rail out?

Or just live with it...

Thanks in advance!

• Like 1

I don’t have my s22 yet but it may be just dirt in the suspension link bolts. I’d remove and clean them and suspension links first, maybe apply a good spray dry lube but never oil or grease, they attract all kinds of dirt. If the noise doesn’t affect the suspension, and you can live with it, just ride and enjoy. Good luck and let us know what you find.

Edited by UtahRider
  • Like 1

Define squeaky? I had a really loud noise and it was because two of the Philips screw holding the display/control box on top was a bit loose (my fault), so that's a good place to start, remove the red bar on-top of the display and check all 5 Philips screws.

• Like 1