Inmotion honeycomb pedals on a V8S

As per the title, I just mounted a pair of Inmotion honeycomb pedals on a V8S. Posting in case anyone needed to do something similar.

While the pedals do fit out of the box, they sit at the unridable angle of 36.5°.

image.png.08bbc3e7f68fc1f7ce127753cd128711.png

I also had a constraint that I couldn't modify the V8 (including the pedal hanger). Solution? Create a notch on the inside of the pedal!

Based on some rough measurements, I calculated that I needed to take off a ~2mm from the bottom edge to have the pedals sit flat. I'll shim the medals if ever needed to lift them in the future.

image.png.e6161773eaff33734d0eda6e759ea964.png

I tried a few things (dremel, rotary file, hand file) but they were terrible. So I ended up using a power file like:

image.png.3931441a0b77063b75ad4980ab172160.png

The process wasn't as precise as I'd have liked, but it was good enough. (I forgot to take a picture before I blacked out the surface).

image.png.44948388f3aeb412aa6905bada8517ad.png

The general process I took:

1. Grind pedal.
  2. Blacked/painted the bare metal.
  3. Mounted it on pedal hanger and wiggled it around.
  4. Measured angle with a spirit level app on my phone.
  5. If pedals were high, grind down the areas where the metal was exposed under the ink.

image.png.e497546ad664ffd3c81f7be15661cca7.png

If I'd had to do this again, I would use a mill (which I don't have) or modified the pedal hangers (but was forbidden by my significant other). I think both would have made this much easier and more precise exercise.

Ps. Does this weaken the pedals? Probably. But I think it's sill fine given that the rider is <50kg and the EUC isn't seeing any off-road activity.

Edited by CrumbsAndYums
PS