Don't Skimp

It took about 6 weeks to choose and wait for this lot.  I went for the Leatt 6.5 with jacket, Leatt dual axis shin and knee protection, Trilobite 661 Parado padded jeans, Hillbilly "full finger" gloves with wristgaurds and Alpine star boots that I already had for biking. Had a low speed faceplant into the asphalt learning on a Sherman and hardly felt a thing. Next was a sideways fall going down a ramp of a six-lane highway crossing... headbutted the iron girder just above ground level. Almost wore the open-face helmet that day. So glad I wore the full face. Sure it was low speed but way better with gear. The problem with that much gear is the heat. Need to find a middle path between protection and heat stroke.  The other problem is the cost, but I'd probably have broken ribs and teeth without it. Budget was about 1k on top of the wheel. Then there were the Nylonove pedals and still need to choose some decent pads. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1