[WTB] Variable rate charger 100.8v with Gotway/Begode 5 pin connector (TX)

36 minutes ago, Gingomx said:

Does anyone have a variable rate 100v charger for sale in US with begode/gotway 5 pin connector?

If you are comfortable with electrical DIY projects and soldering/crimping, you can wire 2 Meanwell constant voltage "LED driver" power supplies in series (it's helpful to use wire connectors like andersons for easy reconfiguration). This is my main method of charging. While the power supplies I chose can't deliver more than 1.25A/cell due the 54V max current limitation, they can both fit in a neat little art supply case for travel.

Specifically, I used the 320H 48V and 54V versions together for charging other devices using the drivers individually, but it would be easier to get 2 54V versions so you don't accidentally exceed the highest safe current of the 54V PS.

You also need to ensure that you receive either type "A" or type "C" versions to get the built-in variable voltage and current pot's so you can get the variable rate. In practice, my 48V+54V driver combo allows me to charge at rates as low as about 180W up to about 600W safely when charging my wheel's 24S batteries.

As for the 5-pin connector, they're super cheap on ali-express or probably ebay too.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Vanturion said:

If you are comfortable with electrical DIY projects and soldering/crimping, you can wire 2 Meanwell constant voltage "LED driver" power supplies in series (it's helpful to use wire connectors like andersons for easy reconfiguration). This is my main method of charging. While the power supplies I chose can't deliver more than 1.25A/cell due the 54V max current limitation, they can both fit in a neat little art supply case for travel.

Specifically, I used the 320H 48V and 54V versions together for charging other devices using the drivers individually, but it would be easier to get 2 54V versions so you don't accidentally exceed the highest safe current of the 54V PS.

You also need to ensure that you receive either type "A" or type "C" versions to get the built-in variable voltage and current pot's so you can get the variable rate. In practice, my 48V+54V driver combo allows me to charge at rates as low as about 180W up to about 600W safely when charging my wheel's 24S batteries.

As for the 5-pin connector, they're super cheap on ali-express or probably ebay too.

I’m not comfortable doing that myself but I appreciate the info