Sherman power button not working.

Segway Batman

Hello everyone, new here, riding since April. Just got a Sherman, used, 1400 miles on it. Appreared to be in good condition when I bought it. Took a slight tumble, nothing too bad, and found no issues.

The next day, I booted it up, it was still working fine, but I can not turn it off. The power button doesn't work. The other buttons work fine, just not the power button. It still charges and rides just fine. Beeps at random intervals. Tried attaching a new screen/top panel, but it still won't work. Checked the cable that connects the power button to the board/screen, and the cable is functioning fine. Haven't yet checked the solder connection from the board to the cable connector though. Right now, the only way to turn it off/on is to disconnect the battery and reconnect it to repower it. 

Has anyone had this issue before? Any advice/solutions? 

• Like 1

Isnt the button part of the panel you replaced? This sounds to me like a problem at the main board. You're on the right track to check solder joints and such. It sucks, but if its not simpya bad connection, youll be diagnosing a board. Have you tried OTA firmware update? Just be careful not to let the wheel run down too low. Its too bad the sherm doesnt have an auto off feature via app, like my KS does...

I havent heard of this issue, hopefully yours is just a one off problem. Let us know how you get it fixed!

Edited by ShanesPlanet

Reflashes the chip. Its not the most foolproof thing and its at your own risk. I would do visual inspection first, but perhaps give an update a try, before shelling out for a new board. I mean hell, at worst the FW bricks the board. At best it fixes it. If its a used wheel, it may not be under warranty anyhow. Be sure to read up and make your own decisions, as I won't be held responsible for anything you do.

• Like 1